When to put positron or beta + decay in feynman diagram, & how does Lower R=higher P

Watch
akereem100
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Question 1)e) why can't I put Beta + decay instead of positron :confused: did the ms just forget to mention to accept positron or is there a preferred time to say positron or beta+ and electron or beta -

Question 6)c)ii) I thought there will be more energy released as some it will be lost (simply don't understand this question HELP !

LINK
Question
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-QP-JUN10.PDF
Markscheme
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...W-MS-JUN10.PDF

AQA Physics A unit 1 june 2010
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well for 6c ii you've already shown that the lower the voltage the lower the resistance. Therefore, since p=v^2/R the assumption that p will =9 is wrong as R is now less than 4. Therefore the power will be greater than 9 watts. (They might also want you to say that the decreased resistance is due to temperature change I'm not sure I haven't looked at the mark scheme).

Posted from TSR Mobile
tiddlytom
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

For your first question, beta+ is the process of getting a positron and an electron-neutrino, and beta- is an electron and anti-electron-neutrino - so they aren't quite synonymous.

For the second part, do you get that the wire will be cooler so have lower resistance? Using P=(V^2)/R, if R goes down, P goes up. Does this help?

Let me know if you want it explained more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (31)
13.84%
Virtual campus tours/open days (50)
22.32%
Live streaming events (21)
9.38%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (21)
9.38%
A uni comparison tool (51)
22.77%
An in-person event when available (50)
22.32%