rose1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Does anyone know of any key quotes that are easy to remember (for either 'Of Mice and Men','An Inspector Calls' or Heroes)?
fayebate
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing all these books too! I don't know the quotes by heart but I know sections that you definitely need to know quotes for so if you've got a copy of the books, it'll only take a couple of seconds to find them, write them down and make a poster to help you memorise them! Also for an Inspector Calls, remember to have a good amount of quotes that are stage directions in order to reach high marks

An Inspector Calls
- Birlings speech (so important for context, this is the Titanic bit etc.. Get lots of quotes from this part)
- The bit at the beginning where Sheila mentions about Gerald being away last summer (Foreshadowing and the stage directions are important)
- Stage directions of when Gerald sees the picture
-The way the door is described when being slammed (in the distance, cannot be seen, adds suspense)
-Mrs Birling Proclaiming her disgust for her son, unknowingly

Heroes
-The first sentence (the understated language used to surprise the reader, 'I have no face')
-Description of Francis' features in general (said in a matter of fact tone, creates sympathy)
-the angelic way Nicole is described
-The hints that Nicole and Francis' love is only infatuation
-Quotes showing how guilty and ashamed Francis feels
-when Francis describes the gun as a 'tumour'

OMAN
-describing words for Curleys wife (the red signalling danger etc)
-Quotes from the opening and the beginning of the last section (to show the cycle)
-Quotes about the things Lennie hurts
-Quotes about all the characters hands
-Quotes about the lighting used (Adds to the play-like structure)

I'm sorry I couldn't give you quotes but if you find them yourself they will be original (extra marks) an dyou will remember them better. For Of Mice and Men I have notes (essay plans, vital quotes, posters ...) that I could email you if you really want a list of quotes as I've already done the exam and got a high A.
rose1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Thanks for the reply.
AindowJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Please could I get those resources from you, fayebate?
fayebate
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by AindowJ)
Please could I get those resources from you, fayebate?
Ye sure, message me!
AindowJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by fayebate)
Ye sure, message me!
Hi, I sent you a message but you still haven't replied? Could you send me the resources ASAP? My exam is a month today, and need to prepare early
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.54%
Okay (113)
29.12%
A bit lacking (147)
37.89%
Not good at all (91)
23.45%

Watched Threads