why did saddams neck crack/snap so loud when he was hanged? Watch

Member1822915
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
When the people who put the rope tight around Saddam Hussein's neck e/ecuted the man Saddam, why did his neck emit a lot of loud crack/snap noise, did his neck completely shatter. Did the rope totally shred his neck to bits!
GCSEmoron
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
wtf is this...

TSR is a scary place to be at night.... :eek:
Leiny841
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I didn't actually know that, I haven't watched it. But I don't think the neck is supposed to break, they might have done it wrong. Isn't the person supposed to suffocate?
Skyy9432
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That was the sound of his beard hairs whipping against each other.

Or maybe the evil within breaking free from it's human host.
shiva300
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can't tell if trolling or just dumb af
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Leiny841)
I didn't actually know that, I haven't watched it. But I don't think the neck is supposed to break, they might have done it wrong. Isn't the person supposed to suffocate?
Other way round, the person is supposed to have their neck snapped and thus spinal cord torn killing then quickly. They aren't left to suffocate, that's a Hollywood invention.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shiva300)
Trolls are needed on TSR!
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by james1211)
Other way round, the person is supposed to have their neck snapped and thus spinal cord torn killing then quickly. They aren't left to suffocate, that's a Hollywood invention.
To be fair, they do suffocate in places like Iran.
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hanging is supposed to snap the neck, not take a long time to suffocate the person.
ChickenMadness
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by shiva300)
loled
Eric100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hanging is supposed to cause a fast fracture-dislocation. That is, inmate's neck is to snap and to dislocate at the same time. This should cause rapid death.

There are cases, however, where inmate may not be heavy enough, or the noose may be incorrectly positioned. These could prevent a fracture-dislocation from taking place. You could call it death from asphyxiation - takes longer, and is considerably more painful.

Honestly, I am not too sure which one applied to Saddam's case. I don't really care, anyways.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
To be fair, they do suffocate in places like Iran.
Didn't know that. Think it perhaps shows different cultures view on whether there should be suffering during the execution or not.

Personally i don't believe in the death penalty as increasingly in recent years we have seen people who are prepared and almost willing to die after a killing spree because they see it as the only or easy way out. Penalties after a crime aren't there to punish they're there to put people off committing crimes in the first place which death penalty doesn't do. Almost every school massacre in America or the UK has ended with the perpetrator killing themself after they're done, as well as things like the West Cumbria shootings in 2010 and Raoul Moat also in 2010.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Didn't know that. Think it perhaps shows different cultures view on whether there should be suffering during the execution or not.

Personally i don't believe in the death penalty as increasingly in recent years we have seen people who are prepared and almost willing to die after a killing spree because they see it as the only or easy way out. Penalties after a crime aren't there to punish they're there to put people off committing crimes in the first place which death penalty doesn't do. Almost every school massacre in America or the UK has ended with the perpetrator killing themself after they're done, as well as things like the West Cumbria shootings in 2010 and Raoul Moat also in 2010.
Yeah, I think that's pretty much why Iran does it. Well, that and it's more of a show. :sigh:

I'm actually torn on the use of the death penalty in those cases. If that's the punishment then it sets a bad precedent to give them "something worse" just so they don't get what they might prefer.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It went wrong a lot.

It;s a barbaric way of killing someone.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is in 'Advice on everyday issues'. :erm:
FilmNerd1989
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
It went wrong a lot.

It;s a barbaric way of killing someone.
Fitting, since most people that are hung are barbaric themselves.
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by FilmNerd1989)
Fitting, since most people that are hung are barbaric themselves.
or innocent
FilmNerd1989
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
or innocent

Saddam wasn't innocent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads