The Student Room Group

Recommended hours for A-Levels during exam season p/w?

I have my AS exams next month and I was wondering what is a suitable amount of hours to study for each subject each week/day. I study four subjects and I'm just looking for suggestions about suitable hours that will not lead to me having a mental breakdown.
Reply 1
2 hours per subject, per day, 6 days per week.
When is your first exam?? currently Im doing 3hours each subject everyday but during school week I do one subject a day for 4 hours
Original post by princessmaroon
I have my AS exams next month and I was wondering what is a suitable amount of hours to study for each subject each week/day. I study four subjects and I'm just looking for suggestions about suitable hours that will not lead to me having a mental breakdown.

There is no definate answer to this as it depends on hpw comfortable you feel with your subjects. For example if you struugle in maths focus more on that rather than biology.
Original post by Elhamm
When is your first exam?? currently Im doing 3hours each subject everyday but during school week I do one subject a day for 4 hours

13th may, that seems like a good idea. I was thinking maybe 6 hours a day, 3hr for each subject? so two subjects a day. how long are your breaks?
Original post by German123
There is no definate answer to this as it depends on hpw comfortable you feel with your subjects. For example if you struugle in maths focus more on that rather than biology.

This is true, for example I'm prioritizing psychology and English literature as those are the most important to me out of the four subjects. I just need guidance on amount of hours
This is true, for example I'm prioritizing psychology and English literature as those are the most important to me out of the four subjects. I just need guidance on amount of hours

I am guessing an hour for each with 10 min break.

:smile:
Original post by VannR
2 hours per subject, per day, 6 days per week.

8 hours? do you split it up? like let's say for instance, 2 hours, 30 minute break repeat etc. 8 hours straight a day seems like a lot to do, so much that the information might not stay in my head
Original post by German123
I am guessing an hour for each with 10 min break.

:smile:

Thank you!:smile:
Thank you!:smile:

No prob.:smile:
Reply 10
8 hours? do you split it up? like let's say for instance, 2 hours, 30 minute break repeat etc. 8 hours straight a day seems like a lot to do, so much that the information might not stay in my head

I would split it up as follows: 2 sessions of 4 hours, with an hours break for lunch between them, and a 5 minute break after every hour.

If this is too much for you in one day, take it down to 2 sessions of 3 hours, revising 3 subjects a day for 2 hours each instead of 4 subjects. This will be much easier to maintain if your are not used to long hours, or if you simply don't need to, or cannot spend so much time revising per day due to commitments.
Original post by VannR
I would split it up as follows: 2 sessions of 4 hours, with an hours break for lunch between them, and a 5 minute break after every hour.

If this is too much for you in one day, take it down to 2 sessions of 3 hours, revising 3 subjects a day for 2 hours each instead of 4 subjects. This will be much easier to maintain if your are not used to long hours, or if you simply don't need to, or cannot spend so much time revising per day due to commitments.

This is very helpful, thank you!:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest