The Student Room Group

Psychology at Birkbeck - anyone else?

Hi all :smile:
A few weeks ago I confirmed my
offer to study Psychology at Birkbeck, I'm nervous and excited. I'll be 20 when I start the course and I've been out of education for 2 years now hoping I pick it all back up again quickly!
Just wondering if there's any other psych students at Birkbeck on here? If so, can you tell me a little bit about the course structure? That's somethung I haven't really been able to find. Ie, mostly lectures and seminars? Lots of student presentations? Discussions and debates? Etc etc. im really hoping there's not much presentations I'm so nervous and rubbish and public speaking! Any other info about the uni itself would be awesome too.
Anyone else starting in October?
and to everyone, what made you pick Birkbeck? Does it have a good reputation, is it regarded a good uni?

Reply 1
i All,
i'm a mature student who has just applied for a part-time undergraduate Psychology course at Birkbeck, i left school 15 years ago and have been asked to pop down to the uni to take a basic maths test and some data interpretation. Could someone tell me how much of an effect my results will have on me getting onto the course? Does the course not teach you along the way how to read data or did i miss out on all of that by not finishing college/going to uni?

Quick Reply

Latest