09ekennedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, just wondering if anyone who has done AQA as geography has any tips for the exam. Also if anyone had any case studies they did (for rivers, coasts, population and energy)? if anybody could possibly drop any energy notes or reveal what they used to revise for energy apart from the textbook i would be so grateful!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Emily
beckyfellows
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 09ekennedy)
Hi, just wondering if anyone who has done AQA as geography has any tips for the exam. Also if anyone had any case studies they did (for rivers, coasts, population and energy)? if anybody could possibly drop any energy notes or reveal what they used to revise for energy apart from the textbook i would be so grateful!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Emily

I did AQA AS geography and did population, energy glaciers, rivers
My tips for the exam would be to learn case studies - especially ones not in the textbook because that's where you gain the most marks and to impress the examiner, also learn how to describe graphs/data which are most likely to be represented in the human geography section. The most significant case study for me for energy is curitiba - there's so much useful videos on youtube I used and it's really easy to understand if you're asked a question to do with how a city has dealt with being sustainable etc.
09ekennedy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, thanks for the tips, although most sections require you to learn between 2-4 case studies did you learn more than that? Also sounds a bit cheeky but did you have your energy case study notes as our teacher hasn't given us anything yet and I'm worried as the exams are soon approaching?
Thanks Again! :-D
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (700)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (880)
42.64%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
18.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.46%

Watched Threads