The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park

Scroll to see replies

Hi people, I applied for a standard room at BGP. I am an international student so I didn't have the chance to check out the rooms myself. So are students living in a flat with different rooms and sharing one toilet and kitchen? I searched and the pictures on the internet didn't show a lot.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by James_Exn
Hi people, I applied for a standard room at BGP. I am an international student so I didn't have the chance to check out the rooms myself. So are students living in a flat with different rooms and sharing one toilet and kitchen? I searched and the pictures on the internet didn't show a lot.

There are between 5 & 7 standard bedrooms to a flat, which share a kitchen and up to 2 bathrooms.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me :smile:

Regards
Emma Stirland
I've just applied for a studio en suite since it was the only self catered en suite option I could find that was left since i'm pretty late because i applied through ucas extra! Just wondering what the layout is like in terms of how many other flats are on the same floor etc?
Hi I have also recieved an offer from broadgate park for September 2015, however I haven't been allicated a room yet. Think i read that they wait until they get the first months rent with the deposit to give out that information.

Original post by TurtleFlute
Has anyone received an offer from Broadgate Park? And do you know what hall/room you've been allocated? Thanks :smile:
Reply 24
Hi people, I have a studio ensuite room in Broadgate park but I haven't accepted it yet. I think the foundation building is in Jubilee Campus so is any other person worried about the distance of Jubilee Campus from Broadgate park. You know, I don't even know how the hopper buses work. I'm confused, any ideas please?:frown:
Reply 25
Hello, me too. I applied for a studio ensuite room. Just saying :smile:
Hi! I applied for accommodation on 10th July; ideally wanted to be on BGP but a studio ensuite room really wasn't within my budget!

I ended up with a standard single in Albion House. I know it isn't actually BGP but since they're both owned by the same people I was wondering if anyone else is heading there? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Amie_U
Hi people, I have a studio ensuite room in Broadgate park but I haven't accepted it yet. I think the foundation building is in Jubilee Campus so is any other person worried about the distance of Jubilee Campus from Broadgate park. You know, I don't even know how the hopper buses work. I'm confused, any ideas please?:frown:

Hi hun, I'm a 2nd Year at Nottingham and I have to say Broadgate to Jubilee is quite a way, best thing to do would be to walk into the campus and take the hopper bus to the Jubilee Campus, you will slowly find your way around don't worry! The Jubilee hopper bus does get very busy and full around 8/9 and 4/5 so make sure you have enough time to get to the bus stop and everything :smile:
Original post by CluelessKid
Hi! I applied for accommodation on 10th July; ideally wanted to be on BGP but a studio ensuite room really wasn't within my budget!

I ended up with a standard single in Albion House. I know it isn't actually BGP but since they're both owned by the same people I was wondering if anyone else is heading there? 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm heading over there for 2nd year :smile:
Original post by xsarahmonica
I'm heading over there for 2nd year :smile:

Ah okay cool!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey i booked a mixed gender room at Raleigh Park but they gave me a same gender room and now they are asking me to pay extra 50 GBP to get a mixed gender room. What should I do now?
Reply 31
Have you got a confirmation email saying that you specifically requested to be in a mixed-sex flat? If so then maybe you could email them showing them proof that this is what you asked for and that it was clearly their mistake; then they might swap you to mixed-sex for free.

If not then it looks like you'll just have to pay the £50 if you're that bothered about having mixed. They probably have a lot of applicants to sort out so unfortunately these mistakes easily happen.
Before making the deposit I got their mail saying that

Dear Student, Thank you for selecting Raleigh Park as a preference for accommodation via the University of Nottingham for the upcoming academic year We are pleased to offer you accommodation with Derwent Students.
Raleigh Park , 51 Weeks Please Note: Your room offer may be mixed gender if you require single gender please let us know before accepting your room offer!
To accept your room at Raleigh Park please Click Here

And I didn't say anything to them and just paid my deposit after clicking on the provided link
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Original post by xsarahmonica
Hi hun, I'm a 2nd Year at Nottingham and I have to say Broadgate to Jubilee is quite a way, best thing to do would be to walk into the campus and take the hopper bus to the Jubilee Campus, you will slowly find your way around don't worry! The Jubilee hopper bus does get very busy and full around 8/9 and 4/5 so make sure you have enough time to get to the bus stop and everything :smile:

Thank you so much, but I changed my accommodation so I now have an en-suite room at Southwell park.
Thank you again :smile:
Reply 34
Original post by Broadgate Park Accommodation Nottingham
We always try to take into consideration students requests. Send me your details in a private message and I will investigate for you.

Emma

Am I able to send a request to you now? Thanks :smile:
Reply 35
Hi, I haven't heard anything about confirming my accomodation at Broadgate Park since my offer was changed to unconditional. Just wondering when more information will be sent regarding accomodation and finance?

Thanks
Original post by TurtleFlute
Am I able to send a request to you now? Thanks :smile:

We would be happy to look at your requests, email these to [email protected] and we will do our best to accommodate you.

Regards
Emma
Original post by jrh96
Hello, I received an offer for an en suite room at Broadgate Park 2 weeks after applying. I've now accepted the offer but I haven't been told what hall/room I've been allocated yet. Have you applied for Broadgate too?

Hi would you be willing to swap your room? I am willing to pay extra. contact me please: [email protected] I will reply instantly.
Original post by Amber1997
Hey, I applied for my accommodation at Broadgate Park & confirmed it! It's also driving me insane not knowing what hall/room i'm in etc... I might email the accommodation to ask them when we can find out!

Hi would you be willing to swap your room? I am willing to pay extra. contact me please: [email protected] I will reply instantly.
Original post by ChrissieHolli
Hi I have also recieved an offer from broadgate park for September 2015, however I haven't been allicated a room yet. Think i read that they wait until they get the first months rent with the deposit to give out that information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending