revision cards

Watch this thread
username1812697
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have cut out lots of a6 revision cards and I was wondering if people can send me some examples so I know how to use them?
I thought I could write the method in maths with and example on differnet colours...
unfortunately im not a full member so I cant access the really good revision cards on it so can anyone send or help me out
pxnda
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
you dont need revision cards for maths seriously just practice then practice some more and some more....
negatron
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I use my revision cards by putting a question on one side and the answer on the other side for example

One side: how do you calculate frequency density

Other side: class width ÷ frequency

Posted from TSR Mobile
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by negatron)
I use my revision cards by putting a question on one side and the answer on the other side for example

One side: how do you calculate frequency density

Other side: class width ÷ frequency

Posted from TSR Mobile
You need to correct your card!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jamestg
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I used to do them for everything, virtually copying out a revision book.

But what I'm now doing is simplifying the most important things on only topics I struggle with. Here's one I did yesterday... Image
Attached files
gdunne42
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by skhan99)
I have cut out lots of a6 revision cards and I was wondering if people can send me some examples so I know how to use them?
I thought I could write the method in maths with and example on differnet colours...
unfortunately im not a full member so I cant access the really good revision cards on it so can anyone send or help me out
There are few things worth doing revision flash cards for in maths, it's mostly about practice
Circle theorems and parallel line angle facts are good and flash cards can really help to refresh memory on the day of the exam. Picture on one side, the theorem/reason explained in words on the other
Formulae that, when doing past papers, you find you forget or get wrong (e,g. Area and circumference of a circle, sohcahtoa, frequency density). Only make them for things you discover you don't know rather wasting time doing them for things you do.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dragonkeeper999
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It depends on what you want to use your revision cards for, I usually use them to summarise key topics - with a heading at the top followed by a few bullet points (one of which might be an example) and maybe a diagram. I'm not sure how you would do them for maths though, it's more about practice than memorisation? Although I did make statistics revision cards at A level since there were a few equations and methods to learn.

The key is to make them as short as possible, just listing the key information - otherwise they may as well be a textbook.

Another method is to use them as a revision quiz - with questions on one side and the answer on the other. This was particularly helpful for me with chemistry A level, where I would write one half of a chemical equation on the front, then the products and required temperature on the back, for example.
negatron
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=gdunne42;54945805]You need to correct your card!

You get what I mean though it was an example. Always get it mixed up

Posted from TSR Mobile
peanutbutterjam
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I write short facts/notes on my revision cards and stick them all around my room.

I've even dedicated a wall to maths equations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (18)
31.03%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (22)
37.93%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.45%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.17%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.9%
I’m starting to consider my university options (7)
12.07%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.72%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.72%

Watched Threads