I can't get myself going (pardon the pun)

Watch
distractedfool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I feel like everything is going well in lessons but as soon as I leave college I realise how much I have to do and it seems impossible to tackle!

I've read and been told so much about revision but I still feel lost with no where to start :-(

I'm hoping people on here will be able to help!

22charlotte
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try making a revision timetable that like gradually builds up, so maybe even if it starts at half an hour a day, and then as you get nearer make it more. Try a variety of things like for me personally I basically write out all my school notes onto note cards, even if I can't condense all of them, and then do exam qs, but lots of people like mind maps and sticky notes around mirrors and the like. Also, break topics down into smaller ones, and tackle them one by one, rather than just 'I will revise Bio', it can be 'I will revise plant reproduction' or whatever. I also find it helpful for me to watch any media, like films, related to my topic, even if only slightly, as I feel like I am relaxing yet it's still partly helping me. Youtube is also quite helpful, people make videos and songs which actually can be really good and don't feel like work but kind-of are. Hope you get lots of ideas to help from people on here!
distractedfool
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thank you! Some really handy tips which I'll definitely use
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (193)
14.31%
I'm not sure (60)
4.45%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.13%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.74%
I'm not a current university student (666)
49.37%

Watched Threads