How do i prepare for GCSE GEOGRAPHY?

Watch
kikiannj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Could anybody give me ways of studying for geography i've tried the usual methods like reading through text books, making notes, creating flashcards, none of them seem to help. I'm aiming for an a minimum for my geo and I've only had one B ever since i started doing GCSE geo. So any advice would be greatly appreciated
username1399379
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
learn your case studys inside out... they are your golden key to gain good marks and always think what the social, economic and environmental impact is when answering a question... this means that is key to be used. hope tht helps
Emma73737
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Completely agree with the above! Also, try to look at past papers and practice doing the questions that you slip up on. It might just be the case of you losing marks on questions with lower marks, and you will be able to see topic areas which you're struggling on.
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kikiannj)
Could anybody give me ways of studying for geography i've tried the usual methods like reading through text books, making notes, creating flashcards, none of them seem to help. I'm aiming for an a minimum for my geo and I've only had one B ever since i started doing GCSE geo. So any advice would be greatly appreciated
Well I got A* in geography by memorising the revision guide and having a solid understanding of what I was learning.
But since you've already made notes on the topic, I don't really know what you're doing wrong.
But I could probably give more help if I knew what part of the paper are you losing marks on? So are you running out of time? the longer-answers questions? silly mistakes?
Chucklevisionary
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just keep going through your case studies and in terms of the theory I managed to condense it all onto four pieces of A4 paper, there isn't actually that much to learn it's just about making sure you've done the preparation.
Student232
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Look at the topics and find out which ones you don't do as well in then revise them and learn case studies as they are 8 marks each (if you do aqa).
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
kikiannj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
Well I got A* in geography by memorising the revision guide and having a solid understanding of what I was learning.
But since you've already made notes on the topic, I don't really know what you're doing wrong.
But I could probably give more help if I knew what part of the paper are you losing marks on? So are you running out of time? the longer-answers questions? silly mistakes?
I lose marks on the higher mark questions so like 6 markers
kikiannj
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Student232)
Look at the topics and find out which ones you don't do as well in then revise them and learn case studies as they are 8 marks each (if you do aqa).
Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
glassriver
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
With higher mark questions you should think about how you can slip in some form of case study, if you have one, even if it doesn't ask for one. They can help you to prove your point. Also, make sure you use lots of connectives and justify what you say with 'because' etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
15.15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (95)
31.99%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (37)
12.46%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.75%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.72%
I think it's an unfair expectation (74)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.01%

Watched Threads