What to wear to a job interview?

Watch
rubyamelia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I have recently received an interview at Smyths toy store and wasn't quite sure what to wear to the interview. Should I dress smartly in a blazer and trousers, or more causal since it is a children's toy shop?

Thanks
Conzy210
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rubyamelia)
I have recently received an interview at Smyths toy store and wasn't quite sure what to wear to the interview. Should I dress smartly in a blazer and trousers, or more causal since it is a children's toy shop?

Thanks
Being dressed over formal is always better than turning up dressed too informally.

My usual interview wear when I was going for interviews in pubs, shops etc was a pair of smart black jeans, brogues, a white shirt and a blazer.
Samwin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I agree with Conzy, you can never be too careful... for girls, I find smart black trousers, smartish shirt, (like a white blouse for instance) or a formal ish blouse is a good one, a little bit of make up is also good, but not too much, I don't wear makeup due to allergies anyway, but was just saying if you do For shoes, smart flats are good too/heels, (obviously ones you feel comfortable in). Trousers can also be alternated for a smart dress/skirt.

One thing though no matter what you pick, always make sure that you are comfortable in what you are wearing, as you will stand out more if you feel self conscious (I speak from experience o.O ) either way... good luck!
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by rubyamelia)

Thanks
Unless they haver told you otherwise, id play it safe and wear something formal.
A blouse/shirt and black trousers should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads