The Student Room Group

Rank how prepared you feel for each GCSE exam this summer.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by helloeveryone123
AQA :smile:

I basically use this website which follows the specification, whilst condensing the key information. Try it! http://www.docbrown.info/page20/AQAscience2.htm :biggrin:
Original post by taylortron99
So, overall you're quite confident

Yes, but not in English Language, which is one of the most important. I don't know how to revise for it. Do you have any tips?

Thanks
Original post by cooldudehjhjwbjd
Yes, but not in English Language, which is one of the most important. I don't know how to revise for it. Do you have any tips?

Thanks

Have you heard of mrbruff on YouTube? Check him out!:smile:
Hmmm...

Maths- 7
Further Maths - 6
English Lit - 9
English Lang - 9
Chemistry - 8
Biology - 8
Physics -2
French - 8
History - 7
Geography - 7
Have you heard of mrbruff on YouTube? Check him out!:smile:

No. I will do. Thanks for the advice.
I basically use this website which follows the specification, whilst condensing the key information. Try it! http://www.docbrown.info/page20/AQAscience2.htm :biggrin:

Thanks so much! :biggrin:
Biology - 4
Chemistry - 3
Physics - first paper 10 second paper 4
Maths - 10
Further Maths - 2
English Lit - 3
English Lang 4
ICT - 10
LLW - 10
Original post by Mr...
Statistics 8

Double the score I gave... Ouch :tongue:

Are you still revising for this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:lol:

Quite a lot actually :yep:
Have you?:redface:

+ I got my coursework back :yep:

Haha awesome, hopefully your hard work will breed success :smile:

And I've done some actually.... although in class we are moving pretty slowly. My teacher estimates we should be done by 1/2 term.

What did you get in your CW? I'm
still waiting for mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
biology: 5
chemistry: 4
computer science: 0
english literature: 7
english language: 8
history: 6
japanese: 1
maths: 3
philosophy and ethics: 8
physics: 5
Maths- 8
English Lit- 9
English Lang- 8
Biology- 9
Chemistry- 4
Physics- 7
German- 5
Psychology- 10
Business- 9
Geography- 8
Reply 71
English Lang & Lit - 10
Maths - 6
Biology - 8
Chemistry - 9
Physics - 10
R.s - 7
Psychology - 8
History - 5
Spanish : -14030130 lmfao
Original post by ImagineCats
English lit-3
English lang- 8
R.E-7
German-10
French-10
Geography-7
Biology- 7
Chemistry-5
Physics-0
Maths-6

I haven't touched physics revision yet! I have no motivation and I feel so so so terrible. I've got mocks in sciences maths and English next week so I'll just use those grades for motivation...

RE: 9. I've not done any revision yet but I feel RE is one of those things you can revise in a day. I get A* in all my RE exams so I don't have a worry for it.
History: 7. Again, haven't really done any revision, yet the exams not for a while. I understand how to get A's on the questions so I just need to learn subject knowledge.
ICT: 6. The exam could go either way. I understand what to do but I always make mistakes and it ends up messing up the whole website.
Science: Well for the first exam probs like a 7. The second exam a 2. I really need to start revising the second section :s-smilie:
Maths: 6. Done no revision really but the exams not for a while off so I'll probs be feeling more confident nearer the exam time.
English Language: 6. It depends on what question we get, sometimes I get A* sometimes I get C's. Gonna start doing more past questions and hopefully I'll be feeling more prepared.
English Literature: Of mice and men like an 8. Inspector calls a 5. About a boy 4. Poetry 7. Never even read About a boy :colondollar:
Spanish: 0. May aswell do the exam blindfolded, there's no chance of me passing. Relying on my coursework to fall on.
Can't even remember if I have any more exams than that? If I do just class it as a 0, as I've clearly forgotten about them.
Original post by helloeveryone123
AQA :smile:

Have you got the CGP revision guide? It's literally a lifesaver. Got an A last year just for reading and making notes from it. Plus the jokes are so bad and cringy they make me laugh.
Past exam questions are always good too. They usually repeat questions, so just learn the answers:smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Beforetheworst
RE: 9. I've not done any revision yet but I feel RE is one of those things you can revise in a day. I get A* in all my RE exams so I don't have a worry for it.
History: 7. Again, haven't really done any revision, yet the exams not for a while. I understand how to get A's on the questions so I just need to learn subject knowledge.
ICT: 6. The exam could go either way. I understand what to do but I always make mistakes and it ends up messing up the whole website.
Science: Well for the first exam probs like a 7. The second exam a 2. I really need to start revising the second section :s-smilie:
Maths: 6. Done no revision really but the exams not for a while off so I'll probs be feeling more confident nearer the exam time.
English Language: 6. It depends on what question we get, sometimes I get A* sometimes I get C's. Gonna start doing more past questions and hopefully I'll be feeling more prepared.
English Literature: Of mice and men like an 8. Inspector calls a 5. About a boy 4. Poetry 7. Never even read About a boy :colondollar:
Spanish: 0. May aswell do the exam blindfolded, there's no chance of me passing. Relying on my coursework to fall on.
Can't even remember if I have any more exams than that? If I do just class it as a 0, as I've clearly forgotten about them.

Can I ask what your overall spanish course work grade is?
I'm doing it with Edexcel and I have an overall A on my coursework and using UMS I found that even with an E on my reading and listening I still get a B overall. When you get back to school ask your teacher about UMS scoring and the lowest grade you can get to get a B/A
Original post by Aiah_AH
Can I ask what your overall spanish course work grade is?
I'm doing it with Edexcel and I have an overall A on my coursework and using UMS I found that even with an E on my reading and listening I still get a B overall. When you get back to school ask your teacher about UMS scoring and the lowest grade you can get to get a B/A

Oh, well that's reassuring!! I'm doing Edexcel too. My coursework is an A I think? My teacher never tells us anything, but I got 3 a's and an a* so I'm guessing it'll be an A overall.
Are you going to take foundation or higher then? I'm planning on foundation listening and higher reading.
Original post by cooldudehjhjwbjd
No. I will do. Thanks for the advice.

Oh yeah deffo check him out! His Of mice and men videos are a lifesaver!
Reply 77
Original post by Beforetheworst
Oh, well that's reassuring!! I'm doing Edexcel too. My coursework is an A I think? My teacher never tells us anything, but I got 3 a's and an a* so I'm guessing it'll be an A overall.
Are you going to take foundation or higher then? I'm planning on foundation listening and higher reading.

Probably Higher, My teacher is going to make me lmao..

After easter I legit magically got better at reading and listening and have been getting As in the Highers

I want to take Foundation though just to be safe, in case something goes wrong on the day

Tell your teacher to give you your UMS points over all 210+ is a B and 240 hits an A. So calculate the lowest you can get from that (:
English-3
English-2
Original post by Aiah_AH
Probably Higher, My teacher is going to make me lmao..

After easter I legit magically got better at reading and listening and have been getting As in the Highers

I want to take Foundation though just to be safe, in case something goes wrong on the day

Tell your teacher to give you your UMS points over all 210+ is a B and 240 hits an A. So calculate the lowest you can get from that (:

Wow. I wish I'd get magically better at it:tongue:
Yeah, but you'll probably be fine if you've been getting A's! And I will thanks !!

Quick Reply

Latest