Hi guys I bought a pair of shoes yesterday BUT

Watch
ShotsFired-9941
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
.... after wearing it for less than 2 hours my skin behind my left foot tore like crazy.

Does this mean these are defective shoes? Should I stop wearing them?
og.east
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
that's the sign of a sturdy shoe. you've just gotta break those babies in.
ni909
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wait until your feet heal or else just use a plaster and then keep wearing them to break them in. DON'T GIVE UP
Tabstercat
Report 5 years ago
Keep wearing them. I had a pair of trainers that made the back of my heels actually bleed for the first couple of days. But they are fine now, really comfy.
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You need to break into them. Wear the shoes with thick socks or a few pairs of socks if you don't have thick socks and walk around your house like that to break them in.
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
breaking them in? Lol Where do you guys buy your shoes? I've never had this problem.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Daenerys...)
breaking them in? Lol Where do you guys buy your shoes? I've never had this problem.
you probably have super standard average shaped feet that fit all shoes lol.
Daenerys...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ChickenMadness)
you probably have super standard average shaped feet that fit all shoes lol.
Yay me?

On a side note why do you always punctuate your posts with lol and lmao? It's super nerdy.
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Daenerys...)
Yay me?

On a side note why do you always punctuate your posts with lol and lmao? It's super nerdy.
Because I'm a nerd. And how else am I supposed to communicate with people that I'm loling? I make myself laugh on here a lot

ShotsFired-9941
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies everyone

(Original post by Vixen47)
You need to break into them. Wear the shoes with thick socks or a few pairs of socks if you don't have thick socks and walk around your house like that to break them in.
But these are a certain kind of shoes were you don't wear socks...?

Can i "break them" using my hand..?

(Original post by Onde)
It really depends on whether you have doubts about them being the right size shoe as well as how much you like them. Shoes shouldn't really be harming your feet and it's not something you should try to grin and bear.

If this is a regular problem, your left foot is probably half a size smaller or longer than your right one: you might consider seeing if shops let you buy two different size shoes.
Never had this problem with any other shoes. Store won't exchange because this is on sale...
ni909
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
[QUOTE=ShotsFired-9941;54943883]Thanks for the replies everyone

I have boat shoes too! They used to always hurt the back of my foot as well. Considering how you don't wear them with socks, I'd just recommend wearing them with socks around the house or whatever? You only have to wear the socks so that you can break them in without hurting yourself. This will probably stretch your shoes as well, which should help breaking them in.
If not, just keep wearing them in public without socks and try to ignore the crucifying pain lmao. Plasters can help with this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ShotsFired-9941)

You're thinking about this too much. You literally just wear the shoes with thick socks inside your house, or if you don't have thick socks then wear a few pairs socks together. Go about your normal day at home with the shoes on. They aren't the kind of shoes you wear with socks outside unless you're going for the desperate hipster look, but you can wear them with socks inside your house. You can't break them in with your hands because your hands won't be wearing them.
princxsa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Whatever you do. Do not wear trainer socks when your breaking shoes in. You will end up with blisters

Posted from TSR Mobile
ShotsFired-9941
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vixen47)
You're thinking about this too much. You literally just wear the shoes with thick socks inside your house, or if you don't have thick socks then wear a few pairs socks together. Go about your normal day at home with the shoes on. They aren't the kind of shoes you wear with socks outside unless you're going for the desperate hipster look, but you can wear them with socks inside your house. You can't break them in with your hands because your hands won't be wearing them.
ok ok it just tears my skin and makes it look like an infestation. I'll just wear socks to counter this. One of the posters said I'll get blisters if I were trainer socks... ?

(Original post by ni909)
I have boat shoes too! They used to always hurt the back of my foot as well. Considering how you don't wear them with socks, I'd just recommend wearing them with socks around the house or whatever? You only have to wear the socks so that you can break them in without hurting yourself. This will probably stretch your shoes as well, which should help breaking them in.
If not, just keep wearing them in public without socks and try to ignore the crucifying pain lmao. Plasters can help with this!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My priority is comfort #1 =P

Does it stilll hurt when you wear it? How long did you wear it to "break" whatever it is that you had to break?

(Original post by princxsa)
Whatever you do. Do not wear trainer socks when your breaking shoes in. You will end up with blisters

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is this... i cant believe one pair of shoe can cause so much stifle!!
ni909
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ShotsFired-9941)

My priority is comfort #1 =P

Does it stilll hurt when you wear it? How long did you wear it to "break" whatever it is that you had to break?

No, not anymore. I'm not sure, a couple of wears! Probably about 4 or 5 days of wearing them. The school shoes I bought at the start of the year hurt me for about a week, but after that it was fine. You just have to practice wearing them. But if you really think the pain isn't worth being able to wear them painlessly, don't wear them!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed