The Student Room Group

want to apply for a completely different degree..

Posting this in the applications sub-forum, as I'm probably gonna have to apply all over again..

I know many people change courses when they get to university, but generally the changed course is normally a similar subject to the original. Ive firmed since January to do Psychology, however recently, due to the way my A levels are going and just general preference towards the subject, I really want to do French at uni and the more I weigh up the pros and cons, the more I think French is a better choice. My first choice uni also doesn't have a department for foreign languages, so I'd have to go to a completely different uni, making a changeover all the more difficult.

The thing I'm wondering is - how am I meant to go about this? Do I wait until results day to voluntarily go into clearing to find a Frenvh? Do I speak to my sixth form teachers or UCAS themselves to see if there's anything I can do before actually enrolling on my original course choice? Or should I just apply for UCAS all over again next year? The accomodation at my firm choice is all organised, as is my student finance too.

I'd appreciate someone's input :confused:
Original post by CelineBean
Posting this in the applications sub-forum, as I'm probably gonna have to apply all over again..

I know many people change courses when they get to university, but generally the changed course is normally a similar subject to the original. Ive firmed since January to do Psychology, however recently, due to the way my A levels are going and just general preference towards the subject, I really want to do French at uni and the more I weigh up the pros and cons, the more I think French is a better choice. My first choice uni also doesn't have a department for foreign languages, so I'd have to go to a completely different uni, making a changeover all the more difficult.

The thing I'm wondering is - how am I meant to go about this? Do I wait until results day to voluntarily go into clearing to find a Frenvh? Do I speak to my sixth form teachers or UCAS themselves to see if there's anything I can do before actually enrolling on my original course choice? Or should I just apply for UCAS all over again next year? The accomodation at my firm choice is all organised, as is my student finance too.

I'd appreciate someone's input :confused:

If you want to go to uni this year you can go through Extra- look at the vacancies on ucas and then email universities to see if they would likely accept you as they don't always update the system. In order to go through extra though you must decline all your current offers and you can only apply for one uni at a time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending