The Student Room Group

What to do in Dubai?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Novascope
Oh that's good! I was really worried that I'd be going on holiday to a hot country and not be able to catch some sun on my skin lol. I also forgot to put in my op, is the fast food any good over there? I'll be going out for dinner in some nice restaurants, but I'd also like some fast food as well haha

We have the standard fast-food places if that's what you mean?

There are obviously a lot of options to choose from
Reply 41
Original post by binarythoughts
We have the standard fast-food places if that's what you mean?

There are obviously a lot of options to choose from

Yeah I know, but I was wondering if like McDonalds tastes good in Dubai aha, because obviously those fast food places have different menus in other countries.
Yeah I know, but I was wondering if like McDonalds tastes good in Dubai aha, because obviously those fast food places have different menus in other countries.

Umm haha no offence but why would u go to McDs when u have other amazing and diverse cuisines to choose from!!!!

But yeah it tastes the same as other places I'm guessing (but ice cream I.e Mcflurry is better here than the UK) U can get happy meals and whatnot. Sorry I don't eat McDs so I dunno what there is haha! But u have differences.. Like McArabia and whatever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea why people go to Dubai :/

Burger King mmmmm

So good

Not care for their local food? haha. I'm assuming not all that dissimilar to Moroccan food, which is awesome (I'm half Moroccan)
I'm going to Dubai next month for a few days, and I'd like to know what I should be careful about wearing whilst I'm there. Also, is there anything I should be aware of in particular, as I do not want to go there and accidentally insult their culture haha.

What things should I do/go to see while I'm there? All I have on my mind is lounging around on the beach, but I'd like to explore and do other things too :smile:

You should definitely check out Wild Wadi, it's a water theme park and is AMAZING. Also the Dubai Mall, it has an aquarium which also is a bonus. If you're looking for a more quiet but fun place, Wonderland is great! It's a theme park with also a water park. ALSO MEENA BAZAAR!
Reply 47
Original post by Ruby_1696
Umm haha no offence but why would u go to McDs when u have other amazing and diverse cuisines to choose from!!!!

But yeah it tastes the same as other places I'm guessing (but ice cream I.e Mcflurry is better here than the UK) U can get happy meals and whatnot. Sorry I don't eat McDs so I dunno what there is haha! But u have differences.. Like McArabia and whatever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I already said that I'm planning on going to some nice restaurants for dinner, but I don't want to do that every lunchtime/dinner lol. I'd never go to Dubai just to eat fast-food! haha
Reply 48
Original post by lilacunicorn
You should definitely check out Wild Wadi, it's a water theme park and is AMAZING. Also the Dubai Mall, it has an aquarium which also is a bonus. If you're looking for a more quiet but fun place, Wonderland is great! It's a theme park with also a water park. ALSO MEENA BAZAAR!

Ahh sweet, I had no idea that Dubai had so many parks haha. As you probably can tell I don't know much about Dubai! It was pretty much a spontaneous decision to got there.
Reply 49
Original post by hellodave5
Not care for their local food? haha. I'm assuming not all that dissimilar to Moroccan food, which is awesome (I'm half Moroccan)

I already said I'm going to go to their restaurants lol, but I don't want to eat that all the time. I will need my fast food fix once maybe twice while I'm there.
I already said I'm going to go to their restaurants lol, but I don't want to eat that all the time. I will need my fast food fix once maybe twice while I'm there.

Oh my bad. Didn't read Ur previous stuff :tongue: sorry!!! Hahaha ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh sweet, I had no idea that Dubai had so many parks haha. As you probably can tell I don't know much about Dubai! It was pretty much a spontaneous decision to got there.

How many days are you going for? I've been going there every year for quite some time. If you want a really traditional vibe, visit a Souk if you can. You should get a lot of recommendations from your hotel if you ask. :smile:
Reply 52
Original post by Ruby_1696
Oh my bad. Didn't read Ur previous stuff :tongue: sorry!!! Hahaha ok!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha it's fine! I could never go to another country and not try their traditional food, that would be mad!
I'm going to Dubai next month for a few days, and I'd like to know what I should be careful about wearing whilst I'm there. Also, is there anything I should be aware of in particular, as I do not want to go there and accidentally insult their culture haha.

What things should I do/go to see while I'm there? All I have on my mind is lounging around on the beach, but I'd like to explore and do other things too :smile:

Just don't go to the mall in a bikini lol. And don't be making out in front of other people, nobody likes that.
Malls are the best things in there, although if you have the money, you should go to Abu Dhabi to Aquaventure, one of the best water parks you'll ever see in your life.
Reply 54
Original post by gagafacea1
Just don't go to the mall in a bikini lol. And don't be making out in front of other people, nobody likes that.
Malls are the best things in there, although if you have the money, you should go to Abu Dhabi to Aquaventure, one of the best water parks you'll ever see in your life.

Haha! Of course I wont! :P Also, no making out for me. I'm going with a friend.
Yeah I've been told a lot about the water parks there, will definitely be going there.
Haha! Of course I wont! :P Also, no making out for me. I'm going with a friend.
Yeah I've been told a lot about the water parks there, will definitely be going there.

You're gonna have sooo much fun! God I miss that place so much :'( .
Original post by vela1
Go see the Grand Sinep. Its in the middle of two beautiful boulders.

Its 10 minutes from Burj Khalifa.

Original post by vela1
Sinep is Penis backwards.

rekt

:rofl:
Original post by somemightsay888
Buy some slaves, take over neighbouring countries, wage war with the West, murder infidels etc

**** off -_-

Dubai isn't strict about your clothes, so don't worry about it!
Reply 59
Thank you so much for actually being a help aha. What you'd suggested sounds awesome! Had no idea I could do some of them. Going to Dubai was a pretty spontaneous idea, so there wasn't much planning around what we'd actually be doing there haha, but thanks a lot for suggesting things. I'm really excited! How many times have you been to Dubai?

You're welcome. Glad I could help! :smile: Well my mothers job requires us to move around the world so I actually lived there for about a bit over an year and we travel via emirates a lot so we stay in the city every time we have a long transit so i lost count haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending