The Student Room Group

Prefect Application - Help!

Hi, could you please check my prefect application letter and let me know if there is anything i should change or add. Also, i think its really short - what do you think??

Dear __

I am applying to be a prefect because I think that this is a good opportunity for me to give something back for all of the opportunities the school has given me and the help I received from previous prefects when I first came to _____.

I am a responsible, reliable and hardworking student. Furthermore, I am very punctual and have a high attendance. These qualities would make me a good prefect because I will always be there and on time for duties and after school events and can be trusted to be a good representative for ____. Additionally, I can work well in a team and with others which would help me as a prefect as I believe that part of the role is to help and work with others for example whilst on duty or helping another student.

I would be a role model to the younger years by ensuring I always have correct uniform and behave appropriately around the school. In addition, I would represent the school by helping other students around the school; especially the year seven’s that will join in September as I know that it can be daunting moving schools. I would also carry out break and lunch duties and attend after school events such as open evenings.

I hope you consider my application for the role of a prefect and look forward to hearing your decision.

Yours sincerely

______
Reply 1
Yeah that's good enough.

But people have to do application statements to become a prefect? I just had to turn up to a meeting and became a prefect in 5 minutes... no questions/statements etc. But that could be because I'm held in higher regard by the school than other people, not me being big-headed - if you achieve a particular award in the school, you're pretty much a saint.
Original post by pink.lemonade
Hi, could you please check my prefect application letter and let me know if there is anything i should change or add. Also, i think its really short - what do you think??

Dear __

I am applying to be a prefect because I think that this is a good opportunity for me to give something back for all of the opportunities the school has given me and the help I received from previous prefects when I first came to _____.

I am a responsible, reliable and hardworking student. Furthermore, I am very punctual and have a high attendance. These qualities would make me a good prefect because I will always be there and on time for duties and after school events and can be trusted to be a good representative for ____. Additionally, I can work well in a team and with others which would help me as a prefect as I believe that part of the role is to help and work with others for example whilst on duty or helping another student.

I would be a role model to the younger years by ensuring I always have correct uniform and behave appropriately around the school. In addition, I would represent the school by helping other students around the school; especially the year seven’s that will join in September as I know that it can be daunting moving schools. I would also carry out break and lunch duties and attend after school events such as open evenings.

I hope you consider my application for the role of a prefect and look forward to hearing your decision.

Yours sincerely

______[/QUAl

Have you done anything in the past to help the school that you could put down?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
Yeah that's good enough.

But people have to do application statements to become a prefect? I just had to turn up to a meeting and became a prefect in 5 minutes... no questions/statements etc. But that could be because I'm held in higher regard by the school than other people, not me being big-headed - if you achieve a particular award in the school, you're pretty much a saint.

we have to but don't think it counts much as teachers and form tutors vote etc but want to make sure its good in case it means more than i think!
Reply 4
we have to but don't think it counts much as teachers and form tutors vote etc but want to make sure its good in case it means more than i think!

Good luck!
I know this will probably sound a little bit odd but acknowledge your weaknesses (and how being a prefect may help you to subsequently "kill" them) in your letters; you end up standing out from "Mary Sue" applications - that is, ones which solely recognise achievements - that most people will end up writing when they apply for student leadership positions. Other than that, your letter looks perfectly alright to me. Good luck :smile:
Speaking as a Prefect-
You have made it clear, solid points of your reason to become Prefect
However, mention what you would do if you got this position.
I would also say, focus on your strengths and weaknesses.
Don't give bad weaknesses just something you could potentially improve on.

So yeah, hoped this helped :3
Original post by runningcat
Speaking as a Prefect-
You have made it clear, solid points of your reason to become Prefect
However, mention what you would do if you got this position.
I would also say, focus on your strengths and weaknesses.
Don't give bad weaknesses just something you could potentially improve on.

So yeah, hoped this helped :3

thanks for helping! I needed help writing a letter and you were there when I needed it! :smile:
Hope I get the role though
Original post by princessmuneeba1
thanks for helping! I needed help writing a letter and you were there when I needed it! :smile:
Hope I get the role though

Hope you did too! :smile: It will be an experience for you to hopefully show what you can do for the school! Best of luck!!!
All this to become a prefect :s-smilie:
Thanx for the application

Dear __

Yours sincerely

______
How can i face a prefect interview?
hOW CAN I FACE A PREFECT INTERVIEW
Good luck!

Dear __

Yours sincerely

______
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest