claricedeakin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I want to make some form of revision source for my ICT exams [GCSE], however in lessons we haven't really went over what to actually revise? Any suggestions would be great.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by claricedeakin)
I want to make some form of revision source for my ICT exams [GCSE], however in lessons we haven't really went over what to actually revise? Any suggestions would be great.
If it's like the one I did there'll be pre-release material - just research everything surrounding that.
Vav Sartrean Po
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The ICT exam is so easy I don't think you need to revise.. I haven't revised one bit for ict and I haven't been below an A*. It's just logic, they also give you the answers beforehand.
Emma73737
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What's your exam board?
claricedeakin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Emma73737)
What's your exam board?
I have two ICT exams, one OCR and the other one Edexcel.
'Chris'
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For my two ICT exams I'm doing ICT in Today's World and ICT in Context (OCR). Which one's are you doing?For me, I love making flashcards. They're the best way to revise anything for me. Another suggestion could be to make mind maps connecting ideas and topics. Also, consider buying the CGP ICT revision guide. It's extremely useful for some of the topics, but it's not specific to an exam board so be careful if what you're revising is in the syllabus! This leads me to my next point. PRINT OUT THE SPECIFICATION! I cannot stress this enough. I've done this and been ticking my way through each fact I need to know for the exam. Finally, use TeachICT (just google it). It's very helpful with the topics also. If you tell me which topics you're doing for OCR I will link you the specification. Good luck with exams, I'm also doing them this year .
Smug Life
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're doing Edexcel then you basically don't need to revise at all, it's all common sense. I got full marks on it w/o revising 2 years ago.
Emma73737
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have two ICT exams, one OCR and the other one Edexcel.
I'm doing mine on Edexcel aswell so I would suggest just looking through the Revision Book for Edexcel and doing some practice questions. I found it really helpful and got an A* in my mock. To be honest, I think it's a lot of common sense as said before and it's not hard to get the top grades. How comes you have 2 exams on different boards? Did you take an extra ICT course?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
8.99%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (59)
66.29%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.48%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed