The Student Room Group

Imperial, Warwick or Cranfield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LadyBugMery
Well, the master's thesis can be a good opportunity to build an expertise for yourself. Consulting project is over rated and you won't learn much in that, although you'll get good industry contact.

On your choice itself, a 11k bursary is not too bad. I'm not certain the difference between Cranfield and the rest is big enough to postpone your plans.

why does one not learn much during consulting projects, can you elaborate?
btw, the bursary at cranfield is 4k and the total fees are 11k.

meanwhile I do consider going to Warwick where I would only need partial loan for the tuition fees.
in that sense, would it be wise to invest the money and do the msc business consulting (which in fact is pretty similar to their msc management and can be tailored with management modules) instead of taking Cranfield as the cheapest less reputated option?

or does anyone have really good arguments why i should take up a 24k loan to go to Imperial for the ESB programme?
The consulting project is gonna be merely trying to bring some contribution on a practical situation you would not have experienced anyway. You'll write a powerpoint that will be close to meaningless from the manager's perspective and will be so peculiar to the company you would have worked for that it would have no value on your CV.
Reply 22
The consulting project is gonna be merely trying to bring some contribution on a practical situation you would not have experienced anyway. You'll write a powerpoint that will be close to meaningless from the manager's perspective and will be so peculiar to the company you would have worked for that it would have no value on your CV.

ok that is probably a matter of subjective perception.
apart from that, would it make sense to defer Imperial offer to next year or to go with Warwick this year?
my main concern is to study a "sought after" course and to secure a proper job upon graduation.
Well I would favor warwick if they make you an offer this year.
On consulting projects, I'm just telling you that your subjective perception is wrong :smile:
Reply 24
Well I would favor warwick if they make you an offer this year.
On consulting projects, I'm just telling you that your subjective perception is wrong :smile:

would u still advise me to do that considering that the MSc Business Consulting or Management at WBS is apparently more generic (correct me if I am wrong) than ESB at Imperial?
that's the dilemma I am facing, because having done a rather general undergrad (International Business), I wanted to specialize in my Masters and now I do not know if there is any difference of going to WBS this year or ICBS next year?
I think willing to specialize is the right idea. The difference between Warwick and Cranfield in terms of brand does not justify losing the specialization aspect.
Reply 26
I think willing to specialize is the right idea. The difference between Warwick and Cranfield in terms of brand does not justify losing the specialization aspect.

with specialization aspect u are referring to ESB?

Quick Reply

Latest