_jarv_
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If somebody has a B in GCSE Single Award Science (as opposed to double or triple), should they be allowed onto an A-Level Science course, providing they do some extra reading?
A.McCall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Depends what science depends what they got individually in each science in the single award depends on the teacher. I did Triple science got a B in Chemistry and an A in Physics I got to do both but I find Edexcel Chemistry AS pretty hard it is alot of remembering things. Anything is really achievable with hard work but A-levels are alot more effort than GCSE you can easily pass GCSE without revision doing that in A-Level is pretty much a death wish.

Sorry for poor grammar in the middle of an AS Physics past paper gotta go fast
_jarv_
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by A.McCall)
Depends what science depends what they got individually in each science in the single award depends on the teacher. I did Triple science got a B in Chemistry and an A in Physics I got to do both but I find Edexcel Chemistry AS pretty hard it is alot of remembering things. Anything is really achievable with hard work but A-levels are alot more effort than GCSE you can easily pass GCSE without revision doing that in A-Level is pretty much a death wish.

Sorry for poor grammar in the middle of an AS Physics past paper gotta go fast
Ok, well in my case, for my single award GCSE I got:
Biology Unit - A (80/100)
Physics Unit - B (76/100)
Chemistry Unit - B (74/100)
Biology ISA - C (67/100)
A.McCall
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What science did you want to take for A level?
earthworm
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't want to discourage you but you will struggle, its a big jump from even separate sciences let alone single. You could study the science subject you are interested in to separate standard and sit a past paper in Aug, it will give you an idea of whether you can cope at a level. If you didn't do the higher paper in maths I would advise against A level physics. You could also look at btecs?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads