Boys and communication ?

Watch
lousmithy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been away from my boyfriend for a week, the only time we've spoken is for around half an hour on text, when i messaged him. It was fine, we asked each other how our easters were going and had a chat about other things. Nothing major, or cute was said.

I can see him messaging his friends from home, and stuff. He said he'd miss me as I left him a week ago, we go back to university in a week. I know he doesn't like texting but i just feel a little stupid. I'm meant to be going out with him and we haven't spoken.

Maybe he likes to keep uni and home separate, but if you're in a relationship you can't do that?…

(Early days, we've been seeing each other for a month, but been close friends for a year)
DylanPrice23
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Explain how you feel about the situation, without making it sound like you need to talk to him all the time because obviously that's not the case.

Maybe he's just needing some space right now for whatever reason.

But just to be sure, I would ask him if everything's okay between you two, or if he's got something going on that he wants to talk about.

Best thing to do is tell him if you feel like there is a problem.
omgitsmariana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
maybe he just likes his space, some people may just not be good at holding conversations through texts you could maybe try talking on the phone instead to make it more personal and he may talk to you more like that

or he may just be trying to give you space
i would definitely talk to him and tell him how you feel, he may not realise how you feel unless you really explain it to him
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Instead of telling us about it, why aren't you telling him that it's bothering you?

If you can't communicate simple things like that to your boyfriend the relationship is sure to fail.
Sam Walters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Phone him?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.23%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.76%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.8%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (46)
24.34%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.59%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads