M324 - Motion to Recognise Key Contributions in the House Watch

This discussion is closed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
M324 - Motion to Recognise Key Contributions in the House, TSR UKIPThis House believes that the success of the TSR Model House of Commons and meritocracy go hand in hand. With this notion, the idea that individual contributions should be rewarded with suitable accolades is a strong part of the society in which we live. In line with this, we, the House, would like to nominate the Rt. Hon. Aph MP for a Companion of Honour award with approval from the Honours Committee for his services to statistical analysis.

The Rt. Hon. Aph’s contribution to the House has gone above and beyond the necessary levels, with statistical analysis of such a depth to both support Bills which would better the nation while proving mathematical inconsistencies in Bills which would no doubt have led to damaging repercussions throughout the British Republic.

Citations:
Food Security Act

Education Quality Act

Education Quality Act (Second Reading)

The Commons Bar IX (Pg 32)

Know Your Parties Response

Abandonment of London Act
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay, this is a bit ridiculous.
Airmed
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay.
RotatingPhasor
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay, I have no words.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay, if this is serious then it doesn't need a motion, just post a thread or something or nominate him for the relevant TSR/MHoC awards
Airmed
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is this UKIP's first ever joke motion?
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
I think this might be a personal attack
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CescaD96)
if it's a joke/attack then I hope the speaker reprimands UKIP appropriately for abusing the House in this manner.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
if it's a joke/attack then I hope the speaker reprimands UKIP appropriately for abusing the House in this manner.
There is no 'if' about it, there is no way of earth this is serious.
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
There is no 'if' about it, there is no way of earth this is serious.
shameful, UKIP members involved in it should all get reprimands & their party should get a reprimand as well, utterly disgraceful to use a motion in the house to launch an unprovoked personal attack.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
shameful, UKIP members involved in it should all get reprimands & their party should get a reprimand as well, utterly disgraceful to use a motion in the house to launch an unprovoked personal attack.
I think I know exactly who's behind it, the same person who said if one more joke bill was put to the house they would leave.... And considering that on every single bill they cited they voted nay there's no way this is real.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Need I add a nay?
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I think I know exactly who's behind it, the same person who said if one more joke bill was put to the house they would leave.... And considering that on every single bill they cited they voted nay there's no way this is real.
report them to the speaker, this is shameful stuff, UKIP have discredited themselves completely as a party by putting their name on this. not impressed at all.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
report them to the speaker, this is shameful stuff, UKIP have discredited themselves completely as a party by putting their name on this. not impressed at all.
Birch posted it so... But I'm not either.
nixonsjellybeans
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How has this been let through? :confused: We used to get pelted by the powers that be for far less during the morgsie era.

Trust the kippers to it to the next level.
Jean-Luc Picard
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
Birch posted it so... But I'm not either.
genuinely hope he realises what this is now you've posted and withdraws it
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am going to close this thread for the time being, as I find this motion inappropriate and until more is known about UKIP's motivations for this item, it can be seen as a personal attack on a member of the House.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
genuinely hope he realises what this is now you've posted and withdraws it
Aye.
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I fully echo Kittiara's comments and welcome her closure of this thread.

I posted this in good faith, without realising the apparent true intentions behind it.
Apologies in particular to Aph.

Needless to say, I'll be vigilant from now on to prevent such negativity in our forum.
It's not welcome.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed