The Student Room Group

Can't Revise

I have been having this problem since year 11-ish (year 12 now). Basically, i find it hard to concentrate, find motivation in the short term to do any homework or revision. I only really do homework at Sixth Form (where I work very hard-the majority of my frees plus most lunch breaks and after school). When I am actually motivated, I do a small amount of work and then get completely distracted and do something else for the rest the day. It's almost as if I am subconsciously not wanting get to good grades! Also, it seems as if I procrastinate in only managing to do work at the end of the week-end as well as my family getting in the way of some of my revision/homework. I do prioritise my homework, I have a revision and a homework timetable that only works some of the time. These were put in place to attempt to rectify this problem but is only slowly working. I understand that exams are only a month away and I do want to do well. I have talked to the Sixth Form about this but it didn't help... I suppose any motivational tips would be great or anything like that.
I'm having the same problem, probably worse. I don't even have motivation to do homework, even when i'm at sixth form people keep telling me that the fact that i'm super scared should be motivating enough but it's not and my first exams in exactly a month and i feel like i'm literally doomed. If i
had to take them now i'd most definitely get Us.

p.s. "try harder" as advice doesn't work :smile:
Reply 2
Stay at sixth form after lessons?
Original post by taznimm123
I'm having the same problem, probably worse. I don't even have motivation to do homework, even when i'm at sixth form people keep telling me that the fact that i'm super scared should be motivating enough but it's not and my first exams in exactly a month and i feel like i'm literally doomed. If i
had to take them now i'd most definitely get Us.

p.s. "try harder" as advice doesn't work :smile:

Yeah I now feel doomed...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending