The Student Room Group

How do I start liking people in general?

I don't really like people in general, but I'm starting to realise I need to be more warm towards others. I think I'm a bit of a cold person at the minute and exams are coming up so I want to get rid of this negative energy.

How do I achieve this?
First thing you have to realise is that you ain't special. In fact I would go as far as to say you are a failure.
You hold yourself to such standards that you are constantly disappointed by other people, when you yourself certainly don't satisfy those standards.

The second thing you must realise is that the more you endure others, the less others endure you.
In the grand scope of things, you are nothing. You are not even an ant. You are an atom. In fact, you are a sub atomic particle. Face this reality and you will realise how little your opinion counts for. Over 7 billion people don't care what you think.

Lastly, just remember that you are special. You were meant to do great things and history shall remember your name.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by LTG
I don't really like people in general, but I'm starting to realise I need to be more warm towards others. I think I'm a bit of a cold person at the minute and exams are coming up so I want to get rid of this negative energy.

How do I achieve this?

- Try not to think about bad things about people and try see things from their perspective. Whenever you meet someone, think of the good things about them only (if you can't think of anything then stop thinking all-together).

- Try not to read too much on what they say and what they do, and turn a blind eye if they start doing something that would annoy you (don't do this if they are genuine penis heads)

- Try not to aggravate anyone or say bad things about them (especially behind their back)
-
This is honestly my life, I just hate people. I walk into my school everyday and the whole 6th form just annoys me, I just hate everyone. Tbh I don't think they like me very much either!! I don't think I'm special or anything, I just genuinely don't like humans. I think to be warmer you need to develop some empathy for other people, be able to put yourself in their shoes, understand why they act a certain way and understand from their point of veiw. I can't do this and therefore I will forever be a cold biatch.
Reply 4
Original post by Xin Xang
First thing you have to realise is that you ain't special. In fact I would go as far as to say you are a failure.You hold yourself to such standards that you are constantly disappointed by other people, when you yourself certainly don't satisfy those standards.The second thing you must realise is that the more you endure others, the less others endure you. In the grand scope of things, you are nothing. You are not even an ant. You are an atom. In fact, you are a sub atomic particle. Face this reality and you will realise how little your opinion counts for. Over 7 billion people don't care what you think. Lastly, just remember that you are special. You were meant to do great things and history shall remember your name.Good luck.

I wouldn't say I look at myself as special, although I obviously hold myself to a certain standard. I do need to work on enduring people more.

I don't accept that I mean nothing and I'm certainly not a failure as I'm doing a alright for myself and want to improve. I do however look at myself as the most important thing in my life. That Is probably a viewpoint I'll need to work on.
Original post by LTG
I wouldn't say I look at myself as special, although I obviously hold myself to a certain standard. I do need to work on enduring people more.

I don't accept that I mean nothing and I'm certainly not a failure as I'm doing a alright for myself and want to improve. I do however look at myself as the most important thing in my life. That Is probably a viewpoint I'll need to work on.

Like I said. History shall remember your name. :biggrin:
Reply 6
Are you mum and Dad still together?
I am the same :lol: I hate people in general.
Reply 8
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
This is honestly my life, I just hate people. I walk into my school everyday and the whole 6th form just annoys me, I just hate everyone. Tbh I don't think they like me very much either!! I don't think I'm special or anything, I just genuinely don't like humans. I think to be warmer you need to develop some empathy for other people, be able to put yourself in their shoes, understand why they act a certain way and understand from their point of veiw. I can't do this and therefore I will forever be a cold biatch.

I do feel empathy for people, it's just I don't trust others and focus solely on myself most of the time. I get irritated by others because they do stupid things, ranging from walking in front of me slowly to waiting for me eagerly to finish with some weights at the gym.

I would much rather go about my business without all of it but I'm trying to get better with it now and become more positive.
Reply 9
Original post by ngb9320
Are you mum and Dad still together?

I'm not sure why you would ask that.
Original post by LTG
I do feel empathy for people, it's just I don't trust others and focus solely on myself most of the time. I get irritated by others because they do stupid things, ranging from walking in front of me slowly to waiting for me eagerly to finish with some weights at the gym.

I would much rather go about my business without all of it but I'm trying to get better with it now and become more positive.

Yeah I think the next time someone does a stupid thing just think, hmm maybe this person doesn't know I am behind them that is why they are walking at the pace of a snail, I shall first cough loudly to let them know I am behind and if that doesn't work then I shall excuse myself politely infront of them. But yes i agree, I like living in my bubble too, at least I don't piss myself off (sometimes that can happen too though!).
Reply 11
Original post by LTG

I think you might need to work on your patience because it seems that you just get irritated by the actions of others and people are just a liability to you. Maybe learn to ignore what people are doing and keep focusing on empathising with the people around you. Try having long conversations with people, not just small talk because small talk itself can be irritating.

Also, you said you don't seem to trust anyone so that's also something you could work on? Maybe there's something holding you back because of personal issues but I think you should start by divulging small, not very significant, things about yourself to someone and slowly build up on it over time. Hopefully you'll be able to trust them!

Looking at the good things in people will change your perspective of them and make you more optimistic in general :smile:

I hope this is helpful somehow!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by LTG
I'm not sure why you would ask that.

Just I find people with hateful attitudes generally have parents who don't get along.
Stop obsessing over what other people are doing wrong.
I hate humans too ... I don’t do small talk , I don’t feel for them problems cos they put themselves in them , for every solution I have they got an excuse... I’m an empath , but doesn’t do me no favors instead I feel how sneaky and cheeky people are I work 63 hrs with customers weekly , it’s a food place , so they all want everything for nothing , extra care and smile and they think I ove them something , so I don’t do extras cos that’s how I was instructed , but I always end up feeling bad or pressured into going out of my way to please them , I’ve done for 4 years now , but I’m phisically and mentally worn out , and now people who used to see me bubbly and happy are Asking what’s up with me why am I sad , how do I explain them that I’m not sad or moody I’m completely happy and content I just don’t need to show it ? I read a lot and work out and got happy family life , and mb that’s why I think I’m above the average atleast menthally , I think I’m too clever to stand there and waste my breath every 10 min with different customer talking about the bloody weather 🤦🏼*♀️ Please someone put me back down to earth so o feel priveledged that someone asks me how am I

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending