The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Dundee Uni ....which halls best?

Hey ive applied to my 6 uni's for an LLB in law and ive decided im going to either dundee or warwick (but warwick being a AAA uni i doubt ill get in whereas dundee have offered me a place).....which is the best halls? i went and saw i think there called belmont flats near the tennis courts and they looked nice? :smile: thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, Belmont is the one right beside the tennis courts. Note however that there's also the tower and Balfour Flats, which are a lot older than the new buildings - you might end up in there.

On the other side of Hawkhill (the little cobbled road to the north, with the Sports Union on the other side) is the ever-newer Heathfield - same design basically as the new Belmont, but not fully finished yet. Will be when you arrive though.

There's also new halls being built just down Roseangle a bit, which are again the new design and are in with some fairly-newish flats, that's Seabraes.

Other than that, the only other one you'll really want to consider is West Park (Hall and Villas), and it's about a 20 minute walk from the uni.

So yeah, if you liked Belmont, I'd say put Heathfield as your first choice and it as your second. Only my opinion of course, if you liked Belmont that much, go for it.
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Depends on whether you prefer cockroaches or rats for your midnight snack!
Reply 3
There's always the option of going up to Aberdeen. I hear their halls all come with an en suite sheep.

The air's a bit thin that high up, so they're all a bit simple. You'll just have to excuse 'em. :biggrin:
Reply 4
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/residences/theresidences/

^ Found this uni residences guide. Has most of the basic info and some pics.

Best advice you'll get: put your application in as early as possible.
Reply 5
lol thanks think ill stick with stayin on Dundee campus seeing how thats where my lessons will b etc :wink:
why didn't you apply for Aberdeen for law? its much better and isn't hoaching with random minks who will steal everything but your deodorant (for some reason hygiene isn't their strong point) in the middle of the day and thats just the OAPs!!!
Reply 7
Coz the rep for Dundee is better (obviously this is based on times/guardian tables not my actual knowledge) lol and i visted dundee and thought it was nice
Reply 8
SmilerNuts
why didn't you apply for Aberdeen for law? its much better and isn't hoaching with random minks who will steal everything but your deodorant (for some reason hygiene isn't their strong point) in the middle of the day and thats just the OAPs!!!

Maybe she went to see the halls and found they keep coal in the baths. Or maybe it's when the one-legged hoor down the docks (I'm not sure if anyone believes me, but this woman does exist) came up to her with a bottle of buckie, tried to sell her some crack and then mentioned 'heeer, hen, Ah've goat a degreeee in jurisprudence fae Aaburdin Univursatae" Or maybe, just maybe, it's because it's a cold, northern hellhole. :p:

OP: Sorry, you'll have to excuse the rivalries. Although in actual fact, I still maintain Aberdeen aren't good enough to be our rivals.
Reply 9
the rep for law LLB i meant...........and aberdeens too far away for me....dundees already 9 hours away
Reply 10
Tasha632
Coz the rep for Dundee is better (obviously this is based on times/guardian tables not my actual knowledge) lol and i visted dundee and thought it was nice

Ach, don't worry, we're just kidding about.
Reply 11
Tasha632
the rep for law LLB i meant...........and aberdeens too far away for me....dundees already 9 hours away

Bloody hell, and I though my hour and a half was bad.
Reply 12
lol i think the rivalrys funny tbh livens uni up, do u do law at dundee?
Reply 13
Yep. See other thread...
West Park!!!!! Oh WPV, how I miss ye :frown:.
Reply 15
Toy Soldier
West Park!!!!! Oh WPV, how I miss ye :frown:.

At least they didn't demolish your bit!
Lib North
At least they didn't demolish your bit!

That's because it wasn't falling appart :biggrin:
Reply 17
It was only falling apart after they put us in.
Yeah but aberdeen is only an extra hour from Dundee so if you're already 9 hours away you may as well go the whole hog!

Seriously what is up with you and the 1 legged hoor? is that your fantasy casue all the Hot dundonian women come to Aberdeen as we have the best looking guys in the uk (source: Evening Express) and all you're left with is men who would struggle to boil water on the sun? (must be due to all the inbreeding!)
Reply 19
I'm staying in halls this year at dundee, so here's what it is:

I was in peterson, which is a dump off campus because I'm moving to the new Heathfield which is now ready.

Heathfield = good. New, lots of cupboard space, internet access, 2 fridges between 6, next to union, really close to fattys. ok side of campus.

Belmont = slightly older but pretty much the same. watch out for balfour flats - never been in them.

Seabraes = new ones opening now and probably going to be really good. the old ones are good, but not as shiny. larger flats - at least in the older ones.

West Park Villas = out of campus - you will have to leave at 8.30 for lectures at 9. You can get the bus. There is a free union bus- I don't understand it. same sex flats. some of the other halls can be mixed flats, but they are few and far between - I'm in one.

West Park Flats - shiny and new, don't know if they are open yet, probably on the same level as heathfield/belmont.

As standard in all these halls:

En Suite
t'internet (£100 for a year)
Kitchen with fairly decent cupboards/fridges
Decent sized room

Don't let them put you in peterson/airlie place/springfield. The banter is good in them. Thats about it. I think peterson is going to be knocked down and rebuilt as private flats now which is teh good. :smile:

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest