The Student Room Group

I want to be a dentist

Basically im doing igcse next year and im wondering what i should aim to do well in (not that im going to bomb the other subjects) because i want to study dentistry at kings
HELP :smile:
Original post by GuyChiggs
Basically im doing igcse next year and im wondering what i should aim to do well in (not that im going to bomb the other subjects) because i want to study dentistry at kings
HELP :smile:

I want to study at king's too but I want to study Midwifery

Hope this will be helpful :smile:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/entryrequirements/name/dentistry/alpha/DEF/header_search/
Reply 2
already seen that but thanks! what year are you in?
Original post by GuyChiggs
already seen that but thanks! what year are you in?

Year 10, what about you?
Reply 4
Original post by Starlight15
Year 10, what about you?

Same, all my time right now is being used to revise for in school end of year exams
And coursework too, what A level subjects are you planning to take
Reply 6
I am also looking at Dentistry :smile:. I was looking at Medicine as well but medicine is such a popular degree and it's grades are really high. Dentistry really interests me and I to would like to study it at Kings if i were to take it. I have been researching and I was wondering you also found that there are a limited number of universities that offer Dentistry?, which is a common course. Unlike Medicine were loads of Uni's offer the course.
Reply 7
Original post by Starlight15
And coursework too, what A level subjects are you planning to take

I'm planning to take Biology, Chemistry, and two other subjects i have no idea on yet. I'll see what i do well in at gcse to decide those last two subjects
Reply 8
Original post by Hansi_x
I am also looking at Dentistry :smile:. I was looking at Medicine as well but medicine is such a popular degree and it's grades are really high. Dentistry really interests me and I to would like to study it at Kings if i were to take it. I have been researching and I was wondering you also found that there are a limited number of universities that offer Dentistry?, which is a common course. Unlike Medicine were loads of Uni's offer the course.

yeah i knew dentistry is a limited course but im not gonna let that put me off! :wink::colone:
Reply 9
Try to get top grades in everything, more importance on the sciences. Take Chem, Bio and two other subjects (whatever you want) at A level. Also try to get as much experience as you can i.e shadowing dentists etc. during your summers.

Quick Reply

Latest