yasmin#2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Whats everyone doing for revision? anyone had their oral exam yet?
yasmin#2
Rep:
?
:bump:
09cbail1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello! Just seen your post! I've already done my speaking exam...I did it on the 20th April. How did yours go? ( if you've already done it)

I started revision a while ago, but the essays are freaking me out a bit...I just hope they're not ridiculous!
yasmin#2
Rep:
?
(Original post by 09cbail1)
Hello! Just seen your post! I've already done my speaking exam...I did it on the 20th April. How did yours go? ( if you've already done it)

I started revision a while ago, but the essays are freaking me out a bit...I just hope they're not ridiculous!
Hey i did mine on thursday! mine went well actually, i got l'egalite des sexes & les loisirs so was happy about that
how was your speaking exam?

and ugh essays are so annoying, worst part in the paper tbh
i like the reading part but i always somehow manage to put down what they write as (blah blah blah =0) in the mark scheme
i think theyre a bit harsh but i love french so yeah really want an A im borderline A/B atm
09cbail1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Glad your speaking went well! I had 'la culture des jeunes' et 'la bonne sante' ----> not bad topics, but the questions on youth culture were a bit vague, but the examiner said my answers and analysis of the questions were strong...so I'm hoping I have an A for that

I know what you mean, I find it really harsh that they test your grammatical accuracy all the way through the paper, not just on the gap fill/listening (deuxieme partie)

I'm trying to think of essay titles that could possibly come up at the moment. I cannot find a thread about predictions this year... I don't think 'le tourisme et les voyages' will come up again, or 'fumer', but hey I'm not the examiner! Do you have any ideas of what could come up??
yasmin#2
Rep:
?
(Original post by 09cbail1)
Glad your speaking went well! I had 'la culture des jeunes' et 'la bonne sante' ----> not bad topics, but the questions on youth culture were a bit vague, but the examiner said my answers and analysis of the questions were strong...so I'm hoping I have an A for that

I know what you mean, I find it really harsh that they test your grammatical accuracy all the way through the paper, not just on the gap fill/listening (deuxieme partie)

I'm trying to think of essay titles that could possibly come up at the moment. I cannot find a thread about predictions this year... I don't think 'le tourisme et les voyages' will come up again, or 'fumer', but hey I'm not the examiner! Do you have any ideas of what could come up??
yeah i agree, and probably something to do with relationships i think and definitely la mode , maybe 2 other random ones that arent subject specific e.g 'does studying have a bad effect on young people' or 'are blogs a good/bad thing' or 'les jeunes passent trop de temps faisant leur loisirs- do you agree' or something to do with la publicite cos theyve never asked about that before

^might have gotten a bit carried away with my predictions but im so used to this exam board its fun guessing :')

hoping for a gender equality one/ something nt too general - are you doing french next year?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
27.51%
No (253)
72.49%

Watched Threads