londoncricket
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I am doing the AQA GCSE Religious Studies course as outlined here.

I am doing Unit 2 - Religion and Life Issues and Unit 3 - Religion and Morality for the Full Course GCSE.

Could anyone help me with how to revise and get a top grade in this subject please? I am stuck on how to 'revise' for this subject. Please PM me for further information / mock grades.

Thank you very much!
DaiGriff2015
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi mate.

Obvious answer, but the best way to learn Religious Studies is to pay attention in class, and to get involved in class debates. The great thing about this subject is that a lot of it is open to interpretation. Whereas something like Math has a definitive answer, Religious Studies allows you to give your own opinion on certain things, and of course there is no right or wrong.

I have always been interested in Religious Studies, and got an A for GCSE, despite not revising at all, which was pretty surprising to be honest.

I guess the best way for you to revise would be to borrow a textbook from your teacher, I'm sure you'd be allowed. Challenge yourself by asking open ended questions about different information in the textbook, and answer like it's an essay question. If you're only doing short course Religious Studies you may want to limit your time revising, since there are subjects like Maths and Science that you want to spend a lot of time on, but generally if you are an open minded person and you can create balanced arguments you'll have no problem with the exam, I actually found it fun.

Good luck.
londoncricket
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by DaiGriff2015)
Hi mate.

Obvious answer, but the best way to learn Religious Studies is to pay attention in class, and to get involved in class debates. The great thing about this subject is that a lot of it is open to interpretation. Whereas something like Math has a definitive answer, Religious Studies allows you to give your own opinion on certain things, and of course there is no right or wrong.

I have always been interested in Religious Studies, and got an A for GCSE, despite not revising at all, which was pretty surprising to be honest.

I guess the best way for you to revise would be to borrow a textbook from your teacher, I'm sure you'd be allowed. Challenge yourself by asking open ended questions about different information in the textbook, and answer like it's an essay question. If you're only doing short course Religious Studies you may want to limit your time revising, since there are subjects like Maths and Science that you want to spend a lot of time on, but generally if you are an open minded person and you can create balanced arguments you'll have no problem with the exam, I actually found it fun.

Good luck.
Hi!

Thanks a lot for that, really appreciated it.

Good idea - haven't thought about doing it that way before! Balanced debates and arguments are a very good idea!

(I am doing the long course full GCSE)

Thank you very much for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (17)
13.28%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (31)
24.22%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (56)
43.75%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
15.63%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
3.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise