The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Life in Kings College.

Hey Kings!

I would like to know about the lifestyle and workload of a Computer Science Student at Kings College. Currently, I'm on the K+ scheme and Kings College seems to be a friendly and globally known university.

I have had many talks about Russell Group universities, particularly about Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial (they make those three seem as if the rest are unimportant). However, I understand how world-class they are but I want to go to a university that doesn't have such a strict life. I mean I don't want to be bombarded with work; I've studied my entire life... can I take a break? I really want to go to a modern university with excellent facilities. Not such a great fan of living and studying in historical buildings.

So, is Kings College more laid back or is it exactly the same as Cambridge where everyone expects highly of you?

I mean, I understand that I will need to do alot of work. I love computer science so I really don't mind doing alot of work, but is it going to be fun?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Also, can you state what Kings has to offer in leisure wise?
Original post by UnknownDude
Hey Kings!

I would like to know about the lifestyle and workload of a Computer Science Student at Kings College. Currently, I'm on the K+ scheme and Kings College seems to be a friendly and globally known university.

I have had many talks about Russell Group universities, particularly about Oxford, Cambridge and Imperial (they make those three seem as if the rest are unimportant). However, I understand how world-class they are but I want to go to a university that doesn't have such a strict life. I mean I don't want to be bombarded with work; I've studied my entire life... can I take a break? I really want to go to a modern university with excellent facilities. Not such a great fan of living and studying in historical buildings.

So, is Kings College more laid back or is it exactly the same as Cambridge where everyone expects highly of you?

I mean, I understand that I will need to do alot of work. I love computer science so I really don't mind doing alot of work, but is it going to be fun?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Also, can you state what Kings has to offer in leisure wise?

Hi UnknownDude,

Thanks for your interest in King's. As a K+ mentor and King's student, King's was always my first choice university to study at because it offers the perfect combination of academic and social life. Being the world-class university it is, King's students are of course expected to reflect the high academic standard expected of us. At the same time we're a very active, friendly and social community. The university has loads of fun and exciting student societies and if we don't already have it - you can make one! We run student events and nights, our student union is award-winning and you can take advantage of the almost limitless sites and opportunities available from living and studying in the heart of London! That also means you'll have a thorough mixture of modern and historical buildings to study in :smile:

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Adanna
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest