Geography Mock Watch

Chittesh14
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello guys, my name is Chittesh.
I've got a mock on Wednesday, I think I've left it to late with this particular subject, regardless of me being quite good at answering the questions - hopefully I'll manage because I learn quite fast.
I've realised that in many of the topics there are a lot of case studies. Now, they are never questions which ask for case studies - unless it says "Explain the impacts of climate change on a developing country, give an example...". My friends have told me that it is important to memorise case studies as you can use them in your answers and it'll gain your more marks, is this true, and if so can you give me an example? If not, why do we actually memorise case studies?

My exam board is : GCSE Geography - Edexcel B
My exam is on: First 4 Compulsory Topics of Unit 1 + First 2 Compulsory Topics of Unit 2:
Restless Earth, Climate Change, Battle of the Biosphere, Water World & Population Dynamics, Consuming Resources.
I've completed Restless Earth. Climate Change is pretty easy - mostly common sense, I've barely revised it but got a hang on to it. Battle of the Biosphere - nearly done. Water World - haven't touched. Population Dynamics - doing currently. Consuming Resources - haven't touched.

I just don't get what is the point of memorising case studies of volcanoes & earthquakes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%