The Student Room Group

University of Birmingham Sixth Form

Hey :smile:
I was just wondering who got in the UoB Sixth Form school?
I recently received a letter giving me an unconditional offer and to be honest, it wasn't my first choice because I didn't think I'd have any chance but now that it is possible, I really do want to try harder in my GCSEs to get in. I know they got a lot of applications (over 800 I think) and can only accept 200 and unfortunately, it seems not many of my friends got into it. I'm pretty sure at my school there is like less than 15 who got in.

Therefore, I would really like to know if any of you got into the school and is it your first choice? :smile:
Hi:smile:
I have an offer too and so do a few of my friends. In my year group I think about 5 people were accepted, and I know quite a few people who were accepted from other schools as well. At the moment I'm torn between UoB and KEFW; both schools have different benefits, so I seem to change my mind every day!

Where else did you apply to?
Reply 2
Hey, I got into UoB Sixth form and so did my best friend so yh, we're sorted! BTW, I go to Hodge Hill College
That's awesome, what subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by beth.stoney
That's awesome, what subjects are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I'm studying:
A Level Biology, Chem, Geog and AS Physics
I want to go into Medicine and become a Doctor from University of Birmingham so I think this is the first step!!
Reply 5
Original post by humalohar
Thanks, I'm studying:
A Level Biology, Chem, Geog and AS Physics
I want to go into Medicine and become a Doctor from University of Birmingham so I think this is the first step!!

What are you studying?
Reply 6
They told me to re pick my subjects and then I got in on a conditional offer. Idk whether I should still go because it seems like it will suit the more sciency students lol
What predicted / grades did you get to get in?
Reply 8
how did u evenapplyihave tried andits not working
Reply 9
ive been trying to apply and its not working any tips
how was your experience? do u recommend going there?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending