I'm crying, I can't remember anything that I'm studying Watch

TheStoryteller
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm really hating myself so much right now.

When it comes to answering questions, I recall what it is that I have to answer but my mind goes blank and shuts down and it feels like I have no idea what I'm supposed to write. Even with simple questions

My exams start in two weeks. I really really hate this and I don't know what to do.

My usual technique is just reading over a page multiple times, then putting it down and explaining/remembering the page from memory till I'm sure I know it. This has always worked for me so I don't understand why I'm not remembering anything at all. It isn't one of those cases where you can't remember it now and remember it in the exam. The last time I felt like this (AS Biology), I was presented with the exam paper and my mind shut down completely for most of the questions even though I had both understood them and studied them well.

It's ironic because the thing that I can't remember anything from is Biology again :cry2:

I can't afford to fail :cry::cry:
MsFahima
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
:hugs:

Don't worry okay! You'll be fine. I think it's maybe because you're really stressed at the moment and you're panicking. I suggest you just calm down and take a little break?
Jasonpt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Sounds like stress to me , take an afternoon or morning off. If you need to, take a day off. When you come back to the same paper you will be able to answer the question.
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsFahima)
:hugs:

Don't worry okay! You'll be fine. I think it's maybe because you're really stressed at the moment and you're panicking. I suggest you just calm down and take a little break?
(Original post by Jasonpt)
Sounds like stress to me , take an afternoon or morning off. If you need to, take a day off. When you come back to the same paper you will be able to answer the question.
Yeah it does feel like stress but I can't tell if it's a case of "I didn't study this enough/properly" or stress. I might leave it for the time being and try to get back to them later.
Jasonpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by TheStoryteller)
Yeah it does feel like stress but I can't tell if it's a case of "I didn't study this enough/properly" or stress. I might leave it for the time being and try to get back to them later.
Well if you're doing a past paper and you get things wrong in a way its good. You'll be able to recognise those questions in the real exam and not make them again.
TheStoryteller
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jasonpt)
Well if you're doing a past paper and you get things wrong in a way its good. You'll be able to recognise those questions in the real exam and not make them again.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking right now as well so I guess it's good that I'm forgetting some details now because those are the ones that I'll hopefully remember most in the exam (I hope).
Lord1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I felt the same way last year when I did my GCSEs. Then when it came to the day of the exam I suddenly remembered everything and I did well in the end.
Cw1978
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm the same. I am a mature student in my first year and I am really struggling with remembering during lectures I understand and can contritube my understanding but a few days later it's gone. Most of my peers can talk about certain topics and half of the time I haven't got a clue what their talking about. I find when it comes to assignments I spend more time researching to refresh my memory. I feel so thick I'm even contemplating giving it all up.
hayley blue
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the same thing is happening to me except i have no exams because I am in summer holiday but I am studying for the year ahead because in like 2 years I have GCSEs but I will memorise something test myself on it and completely blank out when I test myself (this is about 5 seconds after) this never usually happens but it's really frustrating.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (116)
17.6%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (70)
10.62%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (115)
17.45%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (97)
14.72%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.56%
How can I be the best version of myself? (198)
30.05%

Watched Threads