Dannikag
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi,

i have just been accepted to start Liverpool uni in September, now it's time for me to look at accommodation and I have no clue where to start, is it better to live on or off campus? If so which campus's are good? I'm quite sociable but won't want to be going out 24/7 also as I am doing psychology with the foundation element il need to be near a train station that goes to the Wirral metropolitan college. Thanks
University of Liverpool
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Dannikag)
Hi,

i have just been accepted to start Liverpool uni in September, now it's time for me to look at accommodation and I have no clue where to start, is it better to live on or off campus? If so which campus's are good? I'm quite sociable but won't want to be going out 24/7 also as I am doing psychology with the foundation element il need to be near a train station that goes to the Wirral metropolitan college. Thanks
Hi there,

First of all, congratulations on your offer!

Here's some information about our accommodation options that will hopefully help you and make things a bit clearer.

We have two off campus student villages - Greenbank and Carnatic. These are very popular with first year students as there's a good community feel and they are very social. Both are mainly catered accommodation with shared bathroom/lounge area facilities and there's a regular bus service that runs between both halls and the main campus.

On campus we have a number of residences. Our two most popular for first year students are Vine Court which opened in 2012 and the brand new Crown Place which opened in September 2014. Vine Court offers both catered and self-catered options, and all rooms are ensuite with shared kitchen and lounge area facilities.

Like Vine Court, all the rooms in our new Crown Place accommodation are en-suite with shared kitchen and lounge area facilities. This accommodation is self-catered, but it's in the very centre of the main campus so there's plenty of places to eat and shops to buy food.

Our on campus accommodation is only 10 minutes walk away from the centre of town and our two main train stations, Lime Street and Liverpool Central.

There's lots more information available on the accommodation website and you can also watch our recent accommodation webinar. If you need any more help you can always contact the team for a chat .

Good luck!

Amy
Dannikag
Rep:
?
That was a great help thanks, also just wondering I accepted my offer yesterday, do you know how long it takes to receive an email to start applying for accommodation?
Thanks
University of Liverpool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That was a great help thanks, also just wondering I accepted my offer yesterday, do you know how long it takes to receive an email to start applying for accommodation?
Thanks
You're welcome! I'm not too sure how long it takes, I've emailed our admissions team for you .

I'll be back in touch soon.

Amy
Dannikag
Rep:
?
Thanks, that's great
University of Liverpool
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks
The team have got back to me now - they have said you will have already received an email when you made us your first choice university, and in that email there's a section about applying for accommodation.

Here's the applying for accommodation section for you in case you can't find the original email .

"Applying for accommodation

We guarantee to find you a place in University accommodation if you apply for your accommodation by 31 August.

We have already sent you an email about applying for accommodation, however if you have mislaid this email, don’t worry! To apply for accommodation, first you will need to set up a Liverpool Life account. Liverpool Life is our portal for both current students and applicants. As an applicant, you can use Liverpool Life to apply for accommodation, to track your application progress and, if you are an international student, to update CAS information.

Step 1 : Set up your PIN

To set up your PIN, please enter your Student ID number, {#Person ID#}, by clicking here. Please note that the instructions to set your PIN will be sent within 24 hours to your email account - {#E-mail#}.

Step 2 : Login to Liverpool Life

Your Account may take up to an hour to be created. Once it is created, please login to your Liverpool Life account at http://liverpool-life.liv.ac.uk using the PIN you have set up in Step 1 and your Student ID number which is {#Person ID#}.

Step 3 : Apply for your Accommodation
Click on 'Accommodation' and follow the links through the application form.

If you decide not to apply for accommodation please keep a note of your Student ID number as it is your unique identifier whilst you are at University and you may be asked for this information again.

Completed application forms will be processed as soon as your offer with the University becomes Unconditional Firm (UF), which for the majority of students will be after you receive your results in August. At that point please monitor your email account regularly as you will be contacted by email with a room offer. All room offers have an expiry date so make sure you reply promptly as your room will then be offered to other students if we do not receive a reply."

I hope that helps!

Amy
Dannikag
Rep:
?
Thanks, you've been a great help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (604)
33.84%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (747)
41.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.83%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.48%

Watched Threads