The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City University London VS University of Leeds (Accounting and Finance)

Hi, i need some help deciding whether to go to city university or university of leeds for accounting and finance. I think city university is more well known and recognized around the world, but leeds seems to be doing better than city in terms of ranking. I went to a few website that suggested leeds for accounting and finance without even mentioning city university. The cost of living in leeds is also greatly cheaper than city. Which university has the greater graduate prospect?

Thanks for helping out :smile:
Reply 1
I don't think there is a lot between the two uni's (for A+F) but I'd say Leeds is better.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your opinion but why do you think Leeds is better ?
A&F is taught by Cass Business School, which leaves you with more options & is noticeably more reputable within the area of finance.
(edited 9 years ago)
For finance, Cass has a stronger reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
R u gonna do UG or PG? Cass is perfect for PG, cuz it's located right beside the central financial industry area of London , lots of opportunities would be open to you, but speaking of UG courses , u should , IMO, definitely choose Leeds, which is constantly a top ten uni regarding teaching and research power , besides Leeds also boasts as the second largest financial centre outside London in England.see the 2014 REF ranking:http://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/ng-interactive/2014/dec/18/university-research-excellence-framework-2014-full-rankings, while it would just suck if u end up with a bachelor's degree from city uni London.

At the end of the day , Cass just edges LUBS a little because of its location regarding PG courses, but u definitely would not go wrong with a master's program with regards to finance in Leeds, if ur gonna do a UG program , Leeds all the way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending