Is sexting classed as cheating? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in a happy and healthy relationship with a guy that I would never want to lose but I feel self destructive, our relationship is long distance so it isn't easy to talk to him about things like this.

I recently started to talk to one of me exes again, it started off all innocent and fine but then he sent me some messages that I wasn't sure about. Saying what he would do to me if he ever saw me again, this led to him sexting me and I occasionally replied never telling him to stop.

I don't enjoy sexting that much but my ex had told me about all the hard times he's been having so I thought I would just let him have this one.
It's now happened a few times, my replies became longer and more detailed because he asked me to.

I want to tell my actual boyfriend but don't want to compromise our relationship at the same time... I know this is nothing physical like kissing or sex, but would you count this as cheating?
Meduza
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes
Schrödingers Cat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Erm yes?

I don't see how you can feel comfortable sexting with another guy and think it's fine

I would stop sexting and not tell your boyfriend. He'll get mad if you show him
username1305705
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It still is cheating. If you really care about your bf, stop sexting
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sure it will vary between relationships, but if you haven't actually set out what you consider to be cheating with your partner (always good to set out these things so you're on the same page and neither of you can turn round later and say you didn't know) I would assume that what you're doing is indeed cheating. Or at the very least highly inappropriate. Tell your ex to get lost (you're daft to have fallen for whatever his sob stories were) and don't do it again with anyone else either.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1331498
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes.
awkwardshortguy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm in a happy and healthy relationship with a guy that I would never want to lose but I feel self destructive, our relationship is long distance so it isn't easy to talk to him about things like this.

I recently started to talk to one of me exes again, it started off all innocent and fine but then he sent me some messages that I wasn't sure about. Saying what he would do to me if he ever saw me again, this led to him sexting me and I occasionally replied never telling him to stop.

I don't enjoy sexting that much but my ex had told me about all the hard times he's been having so I thought I would just let him have this one.
It's now happened a few times, my replies became longer and more detailed because he asked me to.

I want to tell my actual boyfriend but don't want to compromise our relationship at the same time... I know this is nothing physical like kissing or sex, but would you count this as cheating?
Yes.
c_k62
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
if there's a third person involved, its cheating

Posted from TSR Mobile
LondonBrah_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I hope he finds out and dumps you, can't stand women like you
NimbusPilot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ya Bish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not really but it's so suspect that you're may as well be cheating.
username1142365
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not if you don't get caught
stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
tbh, if it's something that you're not comfortable openly telling your partner, then it's something you shouldn't be doing, regardless of what it is.
Mequa
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not exactly cheating if the partner is ok with it though.

My girlfriend has no problem with me having a bit of cybersex with online female friends across the Atlantic, even after reading the chat logs. That is quite simply not a threat to our relationship, we are open with each other as to our needs, expectations and activities, and she trusts me and likes me getting the satisfaction. Plus, she's mentally secure. She even made friends with the e-friends in question.
C_tinie_D
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How would you feel if he was sexting someone else?
NutE
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes.

If you have to hide something from your partner, it's cheating - whether thats giving someone a kiss, head, your body, dirty messages etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shellshocker93
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is more of a morale issue. It becomes cheating when you start questioning if it is cheating!
Texting someone who may constantly be hitting on you and insinuating sexual things is fine (if not awkward) if you are not considering physically "cheating" on your partner.

In my very basic opinion, IF you are having strong feelings towards other people and constantly question being in the "relationship", leave it! Obviously not happy with the situation or make it more open with no commitments for the obvious benefits.

.....This outlook on life is why I am single
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I would class sexting as cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
KittyAnneR
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Obviously it varies between relationships. One couple might be fine with it, others it could be a dealbreaker. Have you set out clear boundaries?

I think the best way to figure it out is to think of it from his point of view. If you were in his place, how would you feel about it? The fact that you seem very guilty tells me that you know your behaviour isn't cool.

I have actually been in this situation, only it wasn't an ex, it was a good friend, and my bf found the message on my phone. It was one message and it very nearly ended us. In our relationship it was considered cheating. However, we got past it and are better than ever. Something tells me this will always be at the back of his mind though.
DeadGirlsDance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Of course it is :lol:. Why would you even think this was ok? How would you feel if a girl was doing this with your boyfriend and he was replying with filthy messages? If it really was a non issue then you would have already let your bf know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (405)
18.58%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
47.61%
Not feeling great about that exam... (484)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (253)
11.61%

Watched Threads