OCR Classical Civilisation AS: Roman Society and Thought - help needed!

Watch
Aeneas11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi everyone!
I'm doing the OCR Classical civilisation AS exam on Roman Society and Thought but i'm finding it a lot harder than the greek tragedy exam. I was wondering if anybody had any tips? Are the questions mostly on the back of the book footnotes (it seems to me that way so far) ? I'm not really sure how to prepare for this exam. Any help would be much appreciated.
Lawloser
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I managed to get away with only studying three out of the four writers due to time constraints. I would recommend writing down the themes for each so City and country, philosophy ect and finding relevant quotes for each. I found this paper a lot easier than the Greek tragedy because a lot of the text can be supported with historical information. I would recommend finding some books on Roman satire and my teacher photocopied some and there were some excellent interpretations and analysis that I used word for word in my exam. It I also handy to use the notes given in class for each writer
Bubbleemi13
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
How did you guys find it? I did question 2 and then one about emperors and to what extent are they mocked
Aeneas11
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
it was pretty good i thought! glad horace and juvenal didnt come up...i did the question on modern satire
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
14.93%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
17.91%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (30)
44.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (12)
17.91%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.48%

Watched Threads