UKIP Official Statement - Aphgate 2015 Watch

This discussion is closed.
adam9317
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
The cat is out of the bag, UKIP dislikes Aph’s constant misuse of statistics. However, Aph is of a rare breed; he is a trier. Aph continues to create cases both supporting and criticising bills with some factual basis. Aph also listens to figures and statistics presented to him unlike other members who ignore all figures and vote how they were going to vote in the beginning. For this we admire him, we just wish he made fewer mistakes in his work. As a party we recognise people sometimes make mistakes, and that is perfectly fine. The motion was meant to express by criticising the times he had used maths and not himself as a person. The idea of this motion was to reward Aph’s frequent use of factual statistics to back up his legislation.

The fallout has been extreme, frankly it has been ridiculous. We are aware the house thinks UKIP should apologise and take responsibility but unfortunately the overwhelming majority in UKIP agree with the motion and the motive behind it. Due to this UKIP will not be apologising to Aph and UKIP will not be apologising for creating a motion the majority of the party agree with.

It will be of no surprise to anyone UKIP believes the sanctions do not proportionately reflect what has happened. Preventing the most active party from creating legislation for any period of time, and potentially keeping the party from a future government goes against democracy, prevents a section of voters from not being represented properly, and ruins the outcome of the election to the point where holding an election is pointless. For a speaker elected on a mandate of increasing an activity, taking steps to reduce activity is ironic to say the least. This ban will not affect only TSR UKIP, the rest of the house will also feel negative knock on effects from a downturn in activity.

To address the speaker, we feel discontent that Mr Speaker has failed to contact any UKIP party leadership directly via PM about this incident. [Correct as of going to press- 18:52 14/04/15].

UKIP’s next step is very clear and it is one some of you may not like but it is one we have made as a party. We will contest the election as a party using the manifesto we have already completed but we will not be taking part in the leader’s debates, we will not be producing any content, and we will not be taking part in debates over the content. The more you criticise us, the more you say negative things, the more you complain, the less likely we are to apologise.

NEVER! NEVER! NEVER!

RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In that case I would hope all Party Leaders will join me in urging the electorate not to vote UKIP, as they've just admitted it'd be a completely wasted vote.
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Should a party that's refusing to produce content or vote properly (I wonder if they'd all vote nay on a EU referendum bill :rolleyes:) even be allowed to contest the General Election?
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When you say "the overwhelming majority in UKIP", who didn't support the motion?
adam9317
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by James Milibanter)
When you say "the overwhelming majority in UKIP", who didn't support the motion?
All of which who were active at the time of creation of the motion supported it.

We can not comment for those who were not online/ present in the discussion which lasted a week.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is a case of...

James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adam9317)
All of which who were active at the time of creation of the motion supported it.

We can not comment for those who were not online/ present in the discussion which lasted a week.
Do you have any evidence of this?

I don't expect you to.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RayApparently)
In that case I would hope all Party Leaders will join me in urging the electorate not to vote UKIP, as they've just admitted it'd be a completely wasted vote.
hear hear!

UKIP should grow up, disgraceful behaviour from them for this whole thing, they are lucky they didn't get more punishment even.
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
hear hear!

UKIP should grow up, disgraceful behaviour from them for this whole thing, they are lucky they didn't get more punishment even.
As I said, I wouldn't have let them stand.
username456717
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cannot support this statement. I'd like to apologise to Aph as a UKIP member - even if the official party line is different.

I'll be taking a few days off for this thing to blow over.

Posted from TSR Mobile
James Milibanter
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
I cannot support this statement. I'd like to apologise to Aph as a UKIP member - even if the official party line is different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thank you on behalf of the MHoC for your maturity. +Rep.
Baron of Sealand
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good man.
Kittiara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
I respect that, Nebelbon.

PRSOM
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you nebelion. It means a lot.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Interesting that you have completed the manifesto. Has not the House yet decided whether or not it can be a maximum of 250 or 450 words?
PetrosAC
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
So much respect for you right now. UKIP needs more members like you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jenhasdreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Repped.
All you needed to do was (sincerely) apologise, guys.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So Adam will be getting Cameron's empty chair then?

Perhaps Nebelbon would like to participate in the debates on his behalf?
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by O133)
So Adam will be getting Cameron's empty chair then?

Perhaps Nebelbon would like to participate in the debates on his behalf?
Now that would be interesting.
tehFrance
Report 4 years ago
Hear! Hear! UKIP shall prevail!

All hail Adam :adore:
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (58)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (19)
21.84%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.49%

Watched Threads