The Student Room Group

Psychology at Napier or Strathclyde? Also clearance question

I have recently been rejected from Dundee which was my first choice for Psychology. I am left with the choice between Napier and Strathclyde, both with conditional offers.

My question is, which one would you suggest would be the best choice out of the two? I wasn't expecting a rejection from Dundee and now need to consider both my other options but I am unsure.

Furthermore, if I do accept an offer from either Napier or Strathclyde, could I still apply for clearance for Dundee, or if I was to apply for clearance would I have to not accept another offer and potentially lose them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am having a tough time now deciding.

Thanks!
Original post by JasSomal
I have recently been rejected from Dundee which was my first choice for Psychology. I am left with the choice between Napier and Strathclyde, both with conditional offers.

My question is, which one would you suggest would be the best choice out of the two? I wasn't expecting a rejection from Dundee and now need to consider both my other options but I am unsure.

Furthermore, if I do accept an offer from either Napier or Strathclyde, could I still apply for clearance for Dundee, or if I was to apply for clearance would I have to not accept another offer and potentially lose them?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I am having a tough time now deciding.

Thanks!

Strathy is miles better, in general. If you exceed your conditions, you would be eligible for adjustment - a kind of better clearing.

With adjustment, you hold on to your offers you have whilst enquiring into other unis. Once you have found an alternative and they make you an offer your previous offers disappear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by JasSomal

Thanks!

I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting into Dundee through clearing if you're a Scottish student. The chances of there being places available in clearing are extremely limited because the Scottish government caps the number of places open to Scottish and EU students. I have seen past clearing lists at Scottish universities that show virtually no vacancies for Scottish/EU students although there are lots for Rest of UK and international applicants.
Reply 3
Thank you both for your replies! X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending