AS chemistry exam panic Watch

09Srm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I keep looking at my notes and revising from them. I make revision cards and posters but when I start looking at the exam papers none of it had gone in. What is happening!? 😢😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
User1686961
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do papers then learn what you get wrong. Look at the mark schemes learn how to answer questions. Revising notes wont get you anywhere(personal opinion). Obviously learn everything first then do papers
Student07YT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 09Srm)
I keep looking at my notes and revising from them. I make revision cards and posters but when I start looking at the exam papers none of it had gone in. What is happening!? ���������� �

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!

I recommend creating answers to questions you are keep on getting wrong, like the long 4-9 markers.
I would suggest looking at the mark schemes and looking for the words in bold because they are key words that you need to know!

For example, assuming you are doing OCR Chemistry A, a frequent question is 'How do Van Der Waal's Forces Arise?'

The main points are that there is an uneven distribution of electrons.
These produce oscillations and then these movements create instantaneous dipole
Then you say that this dipole creates induced dipole with the neighboring molecules.

As you can see I picked out the key points.

Remembering the key points is essential because once you have that you can easily just format you answer around it.

If you are struggling with key points and OCR Chemistry in general if you are doing it, I can help you by providing some resources I have made and some from the board itself.

Good Luck with revision and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
mollyxrose
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Student07YT)
Hello!

I recommend creating answers to questions you are keep on getting wrong, like the long 4-9 markers.
I would suggest looking at the mark schemes and looking for the words in bold because they are key words that you need to know!

For example, assuming you are doing OCR Chemistry A, a frequent question is 'How do Van Der Waal's Forces Arise?'

The main points are that there is an uneven distribution of electrons.
These produce oscillations and then these movements create instantaneous dipole
Then you say that this dipole creates induced dipole with the neighboring molecules.

As you can see I picked out the key points.

Remembering the key points is essential because once you have that you can easily just format you answer around it.

If you are struggling with key points and OCR Chemistry in general if you are doing it, I can help you by providing some resources I have made and some from the board itself.

Good Luck with revision and don't hesitate to ask any questions.
Would it be okay for you to send me the OCR Chemistry resources you have made? I'm doing F321 and F322 and am struggling slightly with my revision!
Student07YT
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mollyxrose)
Would it be okay for you to send me the OCR Chemistry resources you have made? I'm doing F321 and F322 and am struggling slightly with my revision!
Sure! Drop me a private message.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.73%
The paper was reasonable (1173)
54.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (467)
21.61%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed