Do u enjoy to play fps games on pc or console Watch

musicola
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I dont mean which is better its obvious the mouse gives better and easier aim.

What i mean is to you prefer to lie in your bed or sit on couch chilled out with a controller and slaying dudes on your big hdtv.

Or would you rather sit clothes up to a monitor on pc with headphones on and get right into the game?

For me the pc option seems to get you far more into the game mentally being so close up and taking up all field of vision and headphones in you really do feel in the game.

However, im so lazy these days i most often just chill in my bed with big 40 inch hdtv at bottom of bed and play with controller...its still fun

So overall for comfort console but for intensity pc
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I use a controller with my PC, I suck with mouse and keyboard. I also alternate between lying on my bed or sitting in my office chair, and regularly switch between hifi speakers and high end headphones, so I guess I fall into both categories without actually having a console :ahee:
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PC is better console forces you to use controller I think keyboard and mouse is more accurate.
musicola
Rep:
?
(Original post by al_94)
PC is better console forces you to use controller I think keyboard and mouse is more accurate.
im aware keys/mouse are better but which is more enjoyable exp overall
Arkasia
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, my FPS experience peaked at two stages: playing MW2 on X360, and playing CoD4 on PC (with mouse). I'll be honest and say I prefer a console experience, since I can just sit back with a controller and chill in front of my TV.
musicola
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
Personally, my FPS experience peaked at two stages: playing MW2 on X360, and playing CoD4 on PC (with mouse). I'll be honest and say I prefer a console experience, since I can just sit back with a controller and chill in front of my TV.
i agree on the chill factor with the consoles

but i think the intensity of the gaming is stronger at the pc desk
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by musicola)
i agree on the chill factor with the consoles

but i think the intensity of the gaming is stronger at the pc desk
Yeah intensity is stronger, but I don't always want that.
musicola
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arkasia)
Yeah intensity is stronger, but I don't always want that.
suppose

but if im playing a game like cod or bf or even a sp shooter game like half life 2...if i play that on my pc at night with headphone on its unreal how much u get inside the game mentally...there is nothing in your field of vision barre the monitor and sound right in your ears...so intense.

Whereas when i lie back on my bed i can see all my room around me etc...u cant get as a deep into the game though u can still get well into it dont get me wrong.
LaughingKitsune
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For me it depends on the game.

I have a PC, and I predominantly play on that. Games like Skyrim, I can't play with a mouse and keyboard. It always has to be the Xbox controller for Skyrim. Otherwise I play everything else with a mouse and keyboard.

I feel more at ease with a mouse and keyboard, so much so that my fingers automatically move into WASD everytime I use a keyboard, even at uni!
morgan8002
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find controllers more accurate. They have a smoother motion whereas a mouse is jolty so you have more freedom of exactly where to aim with a controller.
It might just be because I use a cheap mouse though.
Gofre
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
This. As mentioned above I use a controller too, but a proper gaming mouse can be substantially more precise for somebody who uses M+K.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by morgan8002)
I find controllers more accurate. They have a smoother motion whereas a mouse is jolty so you have more freedom of exactly where to aim with a controller.
I know what you mean, but I find there to be more of a learning curve with controllers. When you start, your aim is usually shocking, but I personally found my peak with controller higher than with mouse, which was generally good from the start, but nothing exceptional.
cmdrhomer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I cant stand controllers for most things except driving games... and I prefer sitting in my comfy office chair with proper back support and use my 2x 27" 2.5K IPS monitors, rather than use a big TV of 1080p (small resolution).

Besides, I do have a console, but its never used.

Gaming on the couch can be nice sometimes, but I could never concentrate on the game that way
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I enjoy console more now, but I was an absolute beast on the PC in my youth playing Unreal Tournament.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PC hands down, it's much easier to get a controller to work on PC than to get KB&M to work on a console
Fango_Jett
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How do you people even play FPS games on a controller. I tried it once, and it was a nightmare. It's a good thing they stopped official KB+M inputs on consoles a while back.

It's no wonder consoles FPS's have huge hitboxes and auto aim. The average hitrate would be somewhere in the single digits without them.
Pinkhead
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
FPS and console = lol.
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pc, enjoy using a mouse more.
al_94
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I play CSGO and BF4 on PC
brokenhyperlink
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It varies from game to game but I think PC is better as you can customise a lot more. You can have keyboard and mouse or controller. You can bind your actions to more comfortable keys. You can have your game on a laptop screen for more emersion and get into it more and a giant 50 inch screen in you want. I just feel that it's a win win on pc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.43%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.9%

Watched Threads