What would you do/change if you were elected prime minister ?

Watch
Hatchet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So your name got the most votes and you're now prime minister and you can do anything you want. What do you get up to?

I was thinking to make segregate the north of the country from the south cause I don't the north is really good for anything besides producing good footballers and greggs.
Chodaboy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well friend, you clearly have some mental issues because the north is superior to the south in every way imaginable

First thing I would implement is national service. 2 years service mandatory from age 18-20, unless you are extremely gifted academically then you can go straight into university. That will teach the youths of today some respect. I hate youths. After you've served your country you can go get a job or go to university. Too many people go to university for a laugh with no real plan or goal, they haven't been out in the real world and learnt the value of education, so hopefully service will solve that too

If possible i'd like to enforce some system where you have to apply to have a child, prove you can support another life before bringing it into this world and leaving it for the rest of us to subsidise
tengentoppa
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ban children from supermarkets
Ban children from public transport of any kind.
Require people to be showered in order to use public transport
Ban retired people from supermarkets on the weekend. They have the whole ****ing week to do it rather than piss us off on the weekend.

Oh and give myself a pay rise.
Chodaboy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tengentoppa)
Ban retired people from supermarkets on the weekend. They have the whole ****ing week to do it rather than piss us off on the weekend..
Hahah so true, and they always seem to get the bus at 8am during rushour and guilt trip you into giving up your seat. When I'm retired I won't be getting my ass out of bed at 8am
RF_PineMarten
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd toughen up environmental laws. Opponents of development should have the same right of appeal in the planning process as the developers. Compulsory purchase orders would be banned for land of certain environmental designations (like ancient woodland, SSSIs, etc). There should be a presumption against development unless it is proved sustainable, with a good and clear definition of "sustainable". National park boundaries would be expanded slightly. Things like that.

I'd also introduce a "none of the above" option on ballot papers for those who don't support any of the options, so they can register that protest properly. If that option gets the most votes in a particular constituency, the election would have to be re-run in that constituency with new candidates.
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Finally an interesting topic on TSR that i go in on.

I would be the first British Nigerian prime minister and trust me i would destroy everything in this country and build it up again by

Stopping immigrants for the next 10 years
This country to ban homosexuality or face sectioning.
Free universities tuiton fees
Start bribing police if your desperate to avoid issues
legal sex at 19+
More churches (pentacostal/protestant/Evangilical influenced)
Axed GPs
Fine people for racism/islamphobia/religion intorelance or face fine for £100,000
Ban Jehovah witness and chuggers on the street or face a quarter of a million fine.

Yamcho
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The usual stuff tbh
Legalize Cannabis
Bring down the price of university costs
Nuke Finland
Mike_123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
make the royal family clean the streets
Hatchet
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Yamcho)
The usual stuff tbh
Legalize Cannabis
Bring down the price of university costs
Nuke Finland
Get my vote pal. Finland's not a real country anyway..
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd probably take a nap and encourage the population to do so too. Naps are nice.
a320airbus97
Report 4 years ago
Make the UK a Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
Make House of Lords an elected body
Voting by PR for national elections
Privatise Higher Education
Privatise Primary and Secondary Education: government setting curriculum
Compulsory 11plus: Grammar Schools and High Schools- abolish Academies
Abolish all non-Core subjects at GCSE, A Level, University
Bring back O Levels
Abolish Benefits for those unemployed for more than six months
Compulsory work schemes for those unemployed for longer than 6 months
Max 1 year living in social housing
Abolish National Minimum Wage: allow businesses to negotiate wages with trade unions
Remove religion and religious acts from the State
Ban the promotion of religion in the community
Privatise NHS, but allow government to set prices
Abolish Air Passenger Duty
Build London Thames Estuary Airport: close Heathrow & Gatwick
Trams in all city centres
Declare the UK as a Permanently Neutral State: leave NATO
Scrap Trident
Reduce Armed Forces to 60,000 Active and 70,000 Reserve
Reduce taxes for all earning less than £150,000
And many more policies...
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Remove speed limits on rural roads

Increase military spending

Decrease foreign aid

Reduce car use in cities to ease congestion and encourage use of small electric vehicles for short journey, especially through towns / cities

Legalise hand guns

Increase benefits for injured military personal

Increased apprenticeships for young people and training for long term unemployed and prisoners

2 child per house cap

Only skilled foreign workers allowed to migrate

Public religious demonstrations treated as acts of terrorism

Increased tax on people earning over 100k

Legalise cannabis

CPR part of curriculum

Longer school hours after year 9

More spending on amateur sports facilities

Drop the PC culture

Longer prison sentences for rape, child abuse and animal cruelty
elohssа
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Remove foreign aid
Cut benefits in many places
Force employers to pay minimum living wage
Leave EU
Frack, drill etc. Fuсk the environment. Until countries like China start giving a damn, tiny UK is making no difference anyway.
Remove government scholarships for non-STEM subjects
All this should enable a tax cut of some kind. I'd raise the tax free allowance to 20k.
Copy northern Europe and have 3 months school holidays in summer. But allow teachers to actually discipline kids, which makes up for the extra 1.5 months of teaching lost.
Zodiac Wheel
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Introduce the oxygen tax.
adstratt
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Emphasise skilled over unskilled immigration and relax immigration policy for foreign students
Cut foreign aid to countries that are in a state of emerging superpower.
Cut, not scrap, tuition fees
Cancel British citizenship for those who join ISIS, whether they are someone's teenage daughter or not.
Renationalise and reform the railways and regulate buses to make an integrated transport system. Every settlement should have at least an hourly bus service if no hourly train.
Build HS2, HS3, HS whatever, something that will link the whole country, not just north to south London.
Invest more in Northern cities to make them more equal in status to London
Protect NHS from being privatised
Scrap or restrict elderly bus passes
Bring back national service for juvenile delinquents only as an alternative to punishment in a detention centre - though only on the condition that the global political situation makes it necessary to increase armed forces
Oh and put a big fat tax on iPhone production.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The two eds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
-Cut all foreign Aid
-Leave the EU
-Scrap Benefits for those without British citizenship
-Enforce a policy to scrap all benefits if you are unemployed for more than 5 months
-Protect the bedroom tax
-Scrap any extra benefits after 2 children
-Enforce a tax on the disabled
-Give landlords more rights
-Make sure all housing built will be 0% council housing
-If you have emigrated here and have been on benefits for 5 months without a job, you get deported
-If you are earning under 15k per year you have to by law pay for health insurance, house insurance, car insurance and so on.
-All council housing estates will be redeveloped and sold to private contractors
-All funding towards food banks will be re-directed to business.
-Criminals who have immigrated to the UK in the last 10 years will be deported
-Fence off all poor neighbourhoods to prevent the crime that comes with them spreading

-Establish a border in northern England to section of a chunk of England. All poor citizens, criminals, homosexuals and disabled will be forcefully moved over the border. A border control will be established with the rights to shoot if any try to cross. These people will need a permission to work and live across the border.
-In this poor sector of the UK people will go to schools designated challenged schools. Here they will receive a reasonable education and have garunteed training after for the likes of cleaning, posting, factory work, building, car mechanics and all the low graded work.
-People in this sector of the UK will be hand picked by the better people across the border to work and earn a wage.
-If there is any unrest because of these rightful laws especially by the poor people, they will be sent to camps where they will undergo rehabilitation and be punished for their actions
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
- Repeal the Fixed Term Parliaments Act
- Increase military numbers across all three services.
- Establish a gendarmerie that operates across the UK
- Give British Transport Police responsibility for buses and roads policing. Expand it as such.
- Devolve further to Northern Ireland in line with Scotland
- Devolve further to Wales in line with Scotland.
- Devolve further to England in line with Scotland and establish an English Parliament.
-Reduce seats in the House of Commons and merge Scottish constituencies into larger ones.
-Tighter Lords reform and the removal of remaining hereditary peers.

- Nationalise rail
- Carry on with HS2
- Extend London Underground to South London
- Give London Assembly more veto powers against the Mayor.
- Abolish requirement for Royal Assent and review monarch's reserve powers.
- Arm police officers routinely (as they already are in Northern Ireland)
- Legislate against another independence referendum for Scotland until 2045.
- Living wage to replace the minimum wage.
- Tuition fees to be abolished within two parliaments. To be halved by end of the first and scrapped in the second.

- Stay in the EU.
- Introduce Alternative Vote without a referendum
- Hold a referendum on the UK becoming a republic and removing the monarchy.
- Slash by half and freeze Air Passenger Duty and slash VAT to 10%
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a320airbus97)
Abolish Benefits for those unemployed for more than six months
Compulsory work schemes for those unemployed for longer than 6 months
These two are just disgusting. The first one would make people homeless and cause some to starve to death. The second one is forced labour, which is a breach of basic human rights. And the overwhelming majority of unemployed people are unemployed for reasons totally beyond their control.

And if businesses can get free labour from the state, won't they just end up replacing some paid positions with that free labour? How is any of this in any way a good thing?
a320airbus97
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RFowler)
These two are just disgusting. The first one would make people homeless and cause some to starve to death. The second one is forced labour, which is a breach of basic human rights. And the overwhelming majority of unemployed people are unemployed for reasons totally beyond their control.

And if businesses can get free labour from the state, won't they just end up replacing some paid positions with that free labour? How is any of this in any way a good thing?
The vast majority of those who are unemployed that WANT to work have a job within 6 months. Nearly all of those who are on benefits for longer than 6 months are lazy and worthless members of our society: they do not deserve to have money thrown at them. They need to work (public work schemes/apprenticeships/etc) in order to receive government money. I would GUARANTEE you that if this policy was in action, virtually no-one would be unemployed for more than 6 months. We need to promote a society where any job is better than no job. *Note: this does not apply for disabled members of our society*
RF_PineMarten
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by a320airbus97)
The vast majority of those who are unemployed that WANT to work have a job within 6 months. Nearly all of those who are on benefits for longer than 6 months are lazy and worthless members of our society: they do not deserve to have money thrown at them. They need to work (public work schemes/apprenticeships/etc) in order to receive government money. I would GUARANTEE you that if this policy was in action, virtually no-one would be unemployed for more than 6 months. We need to promote a society where any job is better than no job. *Note: this does not apply for disabled members of our society*
No. We're coming out of a recession with a very slow "recovery", there are a lot of people unemployed for longer than 6 months who want to work but can't find it.

If you're going to force them to do work against their will you should at least give them more benefit money.
The Conservatives fairly recently proposed doing what you want to do, but for young unemployed people, and it amounted to just under £2 an hour if you were to treat unemployment benefit as a wage and the forced work as paid employment - that is less than a third of the minimum wage.

If there is work to be done, people should be paid the proper amount for it. With those forced labour schemes you refer to, taxpayers are basically subsiding the wage bills of private companies through the benefit system, and it reduces the amount of paid work that is available by giving those companies a supply of free labour. It is simply unjustifiable from both a human rights perspective and an economic perspective.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (232)
61.05%
No (79)
20.79%
Not sure (69)
18.16%

Watched Threads