Time spent revising.

Watch this thread
Lionheart96
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Im in my first year at uni.
I would like to know your opinions on how i split my time up revising and i would like to hear any tips or just share how you revise

1 hour of revision split into 2 sessions of 25/5 (25 minutes working/ 5 minutes stretching your legs)
followed by 1 hour of video games/ watching a tv show etc...

all together its around 4 hours of revision and 4 hours of relaxing. i'm hoping to ramp this up to 5/6 hours nearer to exam time.
What do you think?
iodo345
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Depends what you're studying and how hard it is
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by iodo345)
Depends what you're studying and how hard it is
Biological sciences
username360639
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Sounds like a good plan for your first year. Short intervals of revision with a little break is the best way to go about it. How far away are your exams?
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Loafing.Charizard)
Sounds like a good plan for your first year. Short intervals of revision with a little break is the best way to go about it. How far away are your exams?
my first exam is may 26th so just over a month. got 7 exams in total.
username1533709
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lionheart96)
I would like to know your opinions on how i split my time up revising and i would like to hear any tips or just share how you revise

1 hour of revision split into 2 sessions of 25/5 (25 minutes working/ 5 minutes stretching your legs)

all together its around 4 hours of revision and 4 hours of relaxing. i'm hoping to ramp this up to 5/6 hours nearer to exam time.
What do you think?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pff.I do 8 hrs a day max and 6hrs min.
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't know this was a contest
username1533709
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I didn't know this was a contest

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't mean it that way,I just feel under so much pressure that's all.
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't mean it that way,I just feel under so much pressure that's all.
You doing A-levels?
username1533709
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You doing A-levels?
Yeah,I'm in AS year.Doing Physics,Chemistry, Biology and Single Maths.
Llewellyn
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago

What do you think?
Yeah, I'd say that's pretty efficient so long as you use those 25 minutes properly. I would also say that splitting up when you revise is good practice. So doing 4 hours of revision total, it would be better to do e.g. 10-11am, 2-3pm, 5-6pm, 8-9pm rather than doing the hour blocks closer together. Of course, this never works because at uni you will have a life and be doing things which limit when you are free.

You could probably cut the relaxing time down to 30 minutes if you need to get more work in.
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

8 hours is too much unless you really enjoy working. You're probably being inefficient here. I understand the need to want to feel like you're giving it 100% but honestly relaxing and taking 1 hour off to do exercise or to get more sleep will benefit you way more than trying to cram in as much book time as you can.
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Yeah,I'm in AS year.Doing Physics,Chemistry, Biology and Single Maths.
I feel bad for you son... i got 99 problems but A levels ain't one

The jump from GCSE to A levels is big, past papers are a good way to revise .
username1533709
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I feel bad for you son... i got 99 problems but A levels ain't one

The jump from GCSE to A levels is big, past papers are a good way to revise .

Posted from TSR Mobile

What subjects are you doing?
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

What subjects are you doing?
Biological sciences. I'm at uni.
username1533709
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Biological sciences. I'm at uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn.How is biological sciences? I love biology very much.First science I ever read.Honestly is biology was a girl,I would marry it.What uni do you study biology at?
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It is good to split up ur time. I would but am working ft and studying pt so time is concentrated in small periods.
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn.How is biological sciences? I love biology very much.First science I ever read.Honestly is biology was a girl,I would marry it.What uni do you study biology at?
I love biology too but it is very difficult at times (especially if you're lazy) do you like chemistry and maths? Theres a lot of it
username1533709
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I love biology too but it is very difficult at times (especially if you're lazy) do you like chemistry and maths? Theres a lot of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love chemistry and maths. Would the chem and maths content depend.on the uni?
Lionheart96
Rep:
(Original post by Kadak)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I love chemistry and maths. Would the chem and maths content depend.on the uni?
most likely, i only have one point of reference.
blossomx
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How do you revise? Like making notes or reading or past papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (19)
27.94%
As I expected (21)
30.88%
Harder (25)
36.76%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
4.41%

Watched Threads