jimmy3018d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am doing IR and Economics as undergraduate second year. I am considering to do a master degree later on, possibly one of the three areas mentioned above( IR/Public Policy/ Social Policy). However, I don't really know the difference between Public policy and social policy. Can anyone tell me more about it?Please give some advice to me on how to choose if you got insights of them. Thank you so much.
polscistudent88
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Social policy is one branch of public policy, so it is more specific on a policy area. This is the main difference. In terms of master's, while public policy is often a combination of political science and economics (for most), social policy tends to have a greater involvement of sociology departments (even if this is not always true and depends on which uni we are looking at). So if your interest is specific on social policy, it might be a good idea to directly focus upon it. If you are instead interested in policy analysis in general, PP might be a better fit. As you are already studying IR guess there is not much you need to know on it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (576)
34.43%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (688)
41.12%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (334)
19.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.48%

Watched Threads