CUL (0)
0%
ana-m.y
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,

I have to choose my firm and safe choice on UCAS, but I am in a dilemma. I doubt between Kings College London and City University for a degree in Economics. Which university has better course structure and internships opportunities?

My safe choice is Greenwich as I think Royal Holloway is far from the city centre and London South Bank is too mediocre.

I am a foreign student and I doubt is it worth it to go to see the universities. What do you think?
Bustamove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ana-m.y)
Hi,

I have to choose my firm and safe choice on UCAS, but I am in a dilemma. I doubt between Kings College London and City University for a degree in Economics. Which university has better course structure and internships opportunities?

My safe choice is Greenwich as I think Royal Holloway is far from the city centre and London South Bank is too mediocre.

I am a foreign student and I doubt is it worth it to go to see the universities. What do you think?
you should have chosen Royal Holloway over Greenwich...
Okorange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely King's over City.
Sykro
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ana-m.y)
Hi,

Which country are you from? I thought King's had a world renowned international status?
wkkwok95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely king's over city, city economics student here
Okorange
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sykro)
Which country are you from? I thought King's had a world renowned international status?
Wouldn't say world renowned, that is a bit of a stretch, but its better known than city.
Sykro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Okorange)
Wouldn't say world renowned, that is a bit of a stretch, but its better known than city.
No I would say it is, it's ranked 16th worldwide and 4th best in london. Say you go to KCL to anyone and they will know what you mean, this isn't based on my bias view but from what I have ascertained from speaking to people
Okorange
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sykro)
No I would say it is, it's ranked 16th worldwide and 4th best in london. Say you go to KCL to anyone and they will know what you mean, this isn't based on my bias view but from what I have ascertained from speaking to people
which country were they from?

For me world renowned means that people from all over the world know it and the only unis that people from all over the world know are Oxford and Cambridge.
Sykro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

For me world renowned means that people from all over the world know it and the only unis that people from all over the world know are Oxford and Cambridge.
France India Pakistan Spain Portugal Greece Italy Afghanistan China I could go on but you get the idea.
LadyJazzles
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Not necessarily
ana-m.y
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Eventually, I chose City because of my IELTS score. The agency I work with for studying abroad said City's Economics is better the KCL one. Whatever, I've made my choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (251)
33.96%
No (488)
66.04%

Watched Threads