Have you vere gone out with a really good friend?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
hiya, i have just gone out with my best friend for the first time + it was a disaster...it was just too weird... absalutely nothin happened + we'v just chatted now + both admitted it was really strange. we'v sed we'll go out again cos we're not denyin that we have feelings for each other...it's just a bit odd.

has anyone else been in a similar experience? did it work out or ruin your friendship forever? any advice would be great...at the moment i'm considering becoming a nun i'm that fed up (he's really shy btw)
CBLMillwall
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
If you have feelings for eachother the stick with it. It might not work but even if it doesn't it shouldn't end in tears.

I haven't been in your situation before but I'd say just give it time. Time for you to adjust to eachother on a different level. If you BOTH feel the same way then what harm can come of it?

As for him being shy. Once you feel comfortable with eachother he might be more 'out-going' around you. It's probably just a matter of time for him. Obvious maybe, but if you have problems then just talk it out. It usually makes things feel better. I think.

ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
if you mangaed to talk bout feeling strange.. then thats a really good sign.

i always manage to keep falling for my friends, but if ur both honest, even if it doesnt work out u'll still be great mates- just with more things to laugh about!

as advice id say keep working at it and keep talking and good luck!!

love Katy ***
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by lou p lou
hiya, i have just gone out with my best friend for the first time + it was a disaster...it was just too weird... absalutely nothin happened + we'v just chatted now + both admitted it was really strange. we'v sed we'll go out again cos we're not denyin that we have feelings for each other...it's just a bit odd.

has anyone else been in a similar experience? did it work out or ruin your friendship forever? any advice would be great...at the moment i'm considering becoming a nun i'm that fed up (he's really shy btw)
Oh geez I know this one - it is a natural progression too - that is, you spend so much time around someone at school/college, and you end up thinking its a wise idea to see if it'll work further - nothing wrong with that, but you are always weary of "What if something goes wrong, and we lose everything we've ever had as mates?".

I can see how it is "wierd", two mates by definition would normally just see eachother to hang about, spend time with eachother - and going from that, knowing that you're actually "going out" with that person is a strange one to get your head round - plus a fact, you skip all the "getting to know you" stuff, cos as mates you've already done that !

However, in your case, it's good that you've both openly admitted your feelings, for eachother, and for the situation - and as Katy said, thats a really good sign.

Because you're mates, both of you will want to keep a friendship going, underneath the need for a relationship, so both of you will be making sure that nothing happens that could damage a long term friendship - and therefore, as Millwall said, it shouldn't end in tears.

Alot of people still get (to use the Americanized term), High School Sweethearts, and there's no reason for people not to be perfectly happy.

As for him being shy, it may be that he's a tad nervous - not nervous as in talking to complete strangers, but nervous as it's something that may come with these sort of relationships - he may not want to push things too far initially, just in case it endangers an on going friendship.
--- The best thing to do there, is get involved in some dialogue, talk it through, and discuss exactly how fast you want things to move.

Good Luck with it all. Enjoy the Summer.
Andy
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
thanx everyone for their advice, you're right Andy, it is very weird skipping the get to know you stuff. we're spending almost the same amount of time together as when we were just friends but suddenly we're 'going out'...but we're both determined to give it a try.

I think the scariest bit is that from now on we're never goin to b best friends, he'll either be my boyfriend or my ex-bf (hopefully the former)

I'll keep you updated on how it goes!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (269)
33.88%
No (525)
66.12%

Watched Threads