The Student Room Group

HY3 History Wjec

I'm doing History Alevel and recently got my mark back. I was told by my teacher everything over around 60/80 was an A so 75% but then I checked the WJEC grade boundaries and this said anything from 87-90% was required for an A! Is this true? I also noticed there was no boundary for an A* also so is this why it may be a little distorted?
(edited 9 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by 12397
I'm doing History Alevel and recently got my mark back. I was told by my teacher everything over around 60/80 was an A so 75% but then I checked the WJEC grade boundaries and this said anything from 87-90% was required for an A! Is this true? I also noticed there was no boundary for an A* also so is this why it may be a little distorted?

Basically it depends on how well everyone else has done - most exam boards choose the grade boundaries so that only a certain percentage get an A*, A, B, etc. So if it was an easy paper the grade boundaries will be higher and if it was harder the grade boundaries will be lower. The guideline boundaries are basically taken from how well students do on average.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending