The Student Room Group

SAAS application returned

Hello everybody!

I am an EU student and am planning to begin studies in Scotland in September (undergraduate full-time). I submitted my SAAS application four days ago and it seemed completely fine. But just now I happened to receive an automated e-mail from SAAS saying that my online account details have been updated.

So I logged into my SAAS account and it says that my Application Status is ''Returned Application''. No comment or explanation is given. I am extremely confused now... Shall I e-mail them and ask what is the problem with my application? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vetra
Hello everybody!

I am an EU student and am planning to begin studies in Scotland in September (undergraduate full-time). I submitted my SAAS application four days ago and it seemed completely fine. But just now I happened to receive an automated e-mail from SAAS saying that my online account details have been updated.

So I logged into my SAAS account and it says that my Application Status is ''Returned Application''. No comment or explanation is given. I am extremely confused now... Shall I e-mail them and ask what is the problem with my application? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

I had this too, but they said "Further information on residence required". I submitted the residency eligibility form, and have no idea what information I have to send.... hmph
Reply 2
Original post by majatheaztec
I had this too, but they said "Further information on residence required". I submitted the residency eligibility form, and have no idea what information I have to send.... hmph

Where did they say about the residence? On your form, or did you e-mail them?

I thought that EU students don`t have to send any extra forms...
It was next to "returned application" idk :frown:(( but maybe it's because I hardly luved in the EU although I am an EU citizen... My dad's a diplomat, works for the govt, pays taxes.... it's complicated but I should still get my tuition covered. I might need extra proof or smth
Reply 4
It was next to "returned application" idk :frown:(( but maybe it's because I hardly luved in the EU although I am an EU citizen... My dad's a diplomat, works for the govt, pays taxes.... it's complicated but I should still get my tuition covered. I might need extra proof or smth

I see... Mine does not give any reasons so I will just e-mail them to see what is happening... Good luck with yours!
Reply 5
Hi, I have the same problem. I submitted my application three days ago and also got an automatic email saying to check my status and it just say
Reply 6
Original post by hope29
Hi, I have the same problem. I submitted my application three days ago and also got an automatic email saying to check my status and it just say

I just got a reply from them saying that they apparently sent me a letter on april 13th (by post???:confused:), and all I need to do is upload a copy of my passport. I guess you should do the same.
Reply 7
Thank you! I wrote a whole lot more earlier but it got cut off or something... I already sent them an email and I think I'll just wait for their reply, but this conversation here has already helped me a lot so a big thank you to both of you! And good luck!
Original post by vetra
I just got a reply from them saying that they apparently sent me a letter on april 13th (by post???:confused:), and all I need to do is upload a copy of my passport. I guess you should do the same.

I received a reply through e-mail, which told me to submit a photocopy of my passport, too!!
Reply 9
hope29, sounds reasonable. Good luck with yours as well!

I received a reply through e-mail, which told me to submit a photocopy of my passport, too!!

They really should have made this requirement clear at the very beginning, in my opinion... Will try out submitting a photocopy tonight and see what happens. :smile:
Reply 10
I will wait until they reply to my email, but I assume they'll ask me to do the same thing. Again, thanks for your help! :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by hope29
I will wait until they reply to my email, but I assume they'll ask me to do the same thing. Again, thanks for your help! :smile:

You`re welcome :smile:
Original post by vetra
hope29, sounds reasonable. Good luck with yours as well!

They really should have made this requirement clear at the very beginning, in my opinion... Will try out submitting a photocopy tonight and see what happens. :smile:

I agree... how hard is it to notify us on our online accounts for what documents to submit? What's the point of an online profile? ahha
Reply 13
I agree... how hard is it to notify us on our online accounts for what documents to submit? What's the point of an online profile? ahha

Well, now that they have received (and 100% will receive more) tons of e-mails all asking exactly the same question, they would hopefully change it for the future :biggrin: At least to make the life easier for themselves.
Reply 14
Have uploaded my passport photocopy. Let`s see what happens now... Hopefully I do not need to re-send my application or anything as there is no button visible that would allow me to do that.
Reply 15
Hi, I just got a really nice reply to my email, which said they had already sent me a letter and that I simply need to send them a copy of my passport. :smile: I am just wondering why they didn't point that out before I sent my application off but nobody's perfect, so I guess that's okay... :biggrin:

Have a great day everyone!
Reply 16
Original post by hope29
Hi, I just got a really nice reply to my email, which said they had already sent me a letter and that I simply need to send them a copy of my passport. :smile: I am just wondering why they didn't point that out before I sent my application off but nobody's perfect, so I guess that's okay... :biggrin:

Have a great day everyone!

I guess we both received an exactly the same e-mail from them! :biggrin:

The status of my application still has not changed even though I did receive a confirmation that my passport has been uploaded successfully.

Let me know how yours is going! :smile:
Reply 17
I will do that. :smile:
Original post by vetra

Hi, I'm a EU student as well and they told me the same, but I'd like to send them an email just to make sure. How did you send it? I mean, through the online website contact us service or by a private email? Thank you very much :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by ffrattini
Hi, I'm a EU student as well and they told me the same, but I'd like to send them an email just to make sure. How did you send it? I mean, through the online website contact us service or by a private email? Thank you very much :smile:

Hi! :smile: I sent mine through the online service and ticked the 'Amend Submitted Application' box there.

Yaay, the status of my application has changed now, and it says that my entitlement has been assessed and I should be notified shortly. Fingers crossed! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending