RKM21
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I am sitting the OCR Philosophy and Ethics Paper on May the 11th. I just wanted to know how you can get an A* on both Ethics 1/2 and Philosophy 1/2. I know how to crack the A B and C questions (1 mark, 2 mark and 3 mark respectively) but I just wanted to know how to get the top grades on both D and E (6 and 12 marks). I normally get 10 ish on E and 5 ish on D but want to improve. I know Bible quotes but the structure is what I need help with!
Pink_bubblegum
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For the 12 marker use 3 arguments in support and against the statement and also in our personal viewpoint link back to the points you have made. And also link each point back to the statement. I mean I would be happy to get 10 out 12 , but as you want to aim high I would say try looking at pervious exam model answers for extra help.

one thing how are you revising for R.S, how do you memorise the main ideas and bible quotes cos there are so many !!!!

good luck !!!!!
RKM21
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for the reply. For some reason I find Bible quotes amusing. God knows why? (See that pun!). I make R.S fun for myself. For my mocks I have massive mindmaps around my room. Are u also doing OCR? For animal testing etc. I also use the viewpoints of scientists btw. Good point on linking back btw.
proximity
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To get 6 marks on the D question you must have 3 separate PEEL paragraphs fr different viewpoints . Normally works for me point, evidence,explanation, link
abigail_98
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Remember to have a brief introduction then stating your different arguments. There must be for and against views presented in your twelve mark question. Back up these points with scriptures, personal opinion and quotes from Philosophers or scientists.
Pink_bubblegum
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yep I doing OCR as well that for the tip !
RKM21
Rep:
?
Thanks guys for your awesome responses! +1's for all of u...
neon_reaper
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The general rule that we follow is on part D: 3 x PEE chain (Point, Evidence, Explanation) OR 2 x PEE chain but developed to a greater extent: either way it should be between 1/2 and 3/4 of a page. For part E: 2x PEEE chain (Point, Evidence, Explanation, Evaluation) + a personal viewpoint which must be explained and justified (give some decent reasoning or use a relevant quote and say you agree with it), which should be between 1 page and 1 1/2 pages. I'm sitting the exam as well though so this isn't a guaranteed A* plan, but it's simple and effective
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (637)
33.44%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (805)
42.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (377)
19.79%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.51%

Watched Threads