Smuz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
#1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
#1
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.... I have applied to both Sheffield Hallam and the University of Nottingham for the accelerated Adult Nursing programmes.

Sheffield Hallam is a PGDiploma in Adult Nursing - start date September 2015.
UON is a MSci - start date January 2016.

Now here's the problem.. I have had an interview and been made a conditional offer (I need to complete an APEL portfolio, handed in by the end of June) by Sheffield Hallam. Today I received an email for an offer of an interview by UON in early July.

I live in Nottingham and would be commuting to Sheffield if I went to Sheffield Hallam so University of Nottingham would be my first choice. BUT I don't want to reject Sheffield Hallam incase I am not successful at interview at UON.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I should proceed with this? As I have only received a conditional offer by Sheffield Hallam, do I not need to accept any offer until I have handed in my portfolio and received an unconditional offer, thus I can perhaps bide my time and wait to hear how my interview at UON goes?

All thoughts welcome

Thankyoooou
0
reply
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
#2
Report 5 years ago
#2
(Original post by Smuz)
Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.... I have applied to both Sheffield Hallam and the University of Nottingham for the accelerated Adult Nursing programmes.

Sheffield Hallam is a PGDiploma in Adult Nursing - start date September 2015.
UON is a MSci - start date January 2016.

Now here's the problem.. I have had an interview and been made a conditional offer (I need to complete an APEL portfolio, handed in by the end of June) by Sheffield Hallam. Today I received an email for an offer of an interview by UON in early July.

I live in Nottingham and would be commuting to Sheffield if I went to Sheffield Hallam so University of Nottingham would be my first choice. BUT I don't want to reject Sheffield Hallam incase I am not successful at interview at UON.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I should proceed with this? As I have only received a conditional offer by Sheffield Hallam, do I not need to accept any offer until I have handed in my portfolio and received an unconditional offer, thus I can perhaps bide my time and wait to hear how my interview at UON goes?

All thoughts welcome

Thankyoooou
You shouldn't have to accept/decline offers via UCAS until you've had offer/rejection from all of your choices.

It would be good to explain to Sheffield Hallam that you're waiting for an interview in July (is there no way they can bring that forward if you explain that you're applying to Sept start courses too?) so that they know you'll be replying to their offer very late in the cycle.

I'd try to get the notts interview moved sooner - they'll have to make you an offer/rejection by 16 July (on that date UCAS will reject you if they haven't said otherwise) so interviewing so late isn't really ideal for anyone.

Your deadline for accepting offers will be 23rd July (if your final offer/rejections comes through after 4th June) so if Notts can't bring forward the interview then it is worth letting Hallam know that you'll be replying by that date (they should know anyway but good manners cost nothing and it avoids any confusion). That's still plenty of time before the start of the course in September if you end up at Hallam - especially as you wont need to sort out accommodation.
0
reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Reply
new posts
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (17)
39.53%
No - I have already returned home (7)
16.28%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (8)
18.6%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (2)
4.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (9)
20.93%

Watched Threads

View All