Kayleighreillyx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in year11 at the moment & im not sure what to take for my last option for A Levels, I have already chosen:
history
english literature
psychology
im am stuck between three Subjects my my last one:
RE
biology
economics

please can anyone help & pick what one they think goes well with my other 3opions
thank you
harry1232123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say not RE as you have lots of essay based subjects already, so either biology or economics
Yasmin Mahmoud
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by harry1232123)
I would say not RE as you have lots of essay based subjects already, so either biology or economics
In RE, you do pholosophy and ethics or religion and ethics, in rleigion, the board choses it at random so you can have Islam, Christinaty, Jewdaism or Hinduism. It's actually a really interesting subject (i take it) but the questions are really long, you get 15 markers and then 30 markers, and you really need to know your stuff. If your RE teacher is good (like mine was EXTREMELY AMAZING!) then you'll do well but seriously, if your teacher doesn't know every single little thing in and out of it (how to answer the question), you wont do so good at it, just word of advice. Biology is really hard. the content is easy, but its the exam paper that puts you off completely. you need to start revision form day one, not lying, i didn't believ those people who said Alevels are a big jump, they seriously are! don't fall into the trap of Alevels. look at past papers for the subjects you do at the beginning of the year so you know how hard it is. i have no idea about eco but goodluck and seriously, REVISE FROM LIKE NOVEMBER, IF NOT, THEN EARLIER! i promise you it's worth it! goodluck
harry1232123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Yasmin Mahmoud)
In RE, you do pholosophy and ethics or religion and ethics, in rleigion, the board choses it at random so you can have Islam, Christinaty, Jewdaism or Hinduism. It's actually a really interesting subject (i take it) but the questions are really long, you get 15 markers and then 30 markers, and you really need to know your stuff. If your RE teacher is good (like mine was EXTREMELY AMAZING!) then you'll do well but seriously, if your teacher doesn't know every single little thing in and out of it (how to answer the question), you wont do so good at it, just word of advice. Biology is really hard. the content is easy, but its the exam paper that puts you off completely. you need to start revision form day one, not lying, i didn't believ those people who said Alevels are a big jump, they seriously are! don't fall into the trap of Alevels. look at past papers for the subjects you do at the beginning of the year so you know how hard it is. i have no idea about eco but goodluck and seriously, REVISE FROM LIKE NOVEMBER, IF NOT, THEN EARLIER! i promise you it's worth it! goodluck
I have to agree There's so much to learn for biology and you have to be prepared for all of the topics. A2 is a massive jump from AS as well - I found it to be a bigger jump than chemistry and maths!
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have to agree There's so much to learn for biology and you have to be prepared for all of the topics. A2 is a massive jump from AS as well - I found it to be a bigger jump than chemistry and maths!
that's it. I'm doomed.
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
harry1232123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
that's it. I'm doomed.
You'll be fine haha! Although it's harder, A2 is so much more interesting and you'll want to study more... maybe
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You'll be fine haha! Although it's harder, A2 is so much more interesting and you'll want to study more... maybe
biology? Interesting? PLEASE. i don't even know why i chose it who wants to study more lmfaomaybe you do, you're probs some clever clogs man
Mike_123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kayleighreillyx)
I'm in year11 at the moment & im not sure what to take for my last option for A Levels, I have already chosen:
history
english literature
psychology
im am stuck between three Subjects my my last one:
RE
biology
economics

please can anyone help & pick what one they think goes well with my other 3opions
thank you
Economics is very interesting to study, especially at this time, if you're into current affairs! Think election, think recession, think money
harry1232123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
biology? Interesting? PLEASE. i don't even know why i chose it who wants to study more lmfaomaybe you do, you're probs some clever clogs man
If I was a clever clogs man I would be going to Uni next year :')
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I was a clever clogs man I would be going to Uni next year :')
dude, don't say that, lots of people who are so smart take gap years, honest, two EXTREMELY smart guys in my 6th form last yr didn't get into uni..they got A's! It's not just about your grades, besides, maybe something bad would have happened if you went...you might have got bullied, you never know! Not that people would want to bully you don't get me wrong..but, you get the point. hopefully
harry1232123
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
dude, don't say that, lots of people who are so smart take gap years, honest, two EXTREMELY smart guys in my 6th form last yr didn't get into uni..they got A's! It's not just about your grades, besides, maybe something bad would have happened if you went...you might have got bullied, you never know! Not that people would want to bully you don't get me wrong..but, you get the point. hopefully
Haha I'm still hoping to go in 2016 so fingers crossed nothing bad happens
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be joining you (hopefully) and then ill bully you
Yasmin Mahmoud
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
im kidding dont cry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (162)
14.5%
I'm not sure (50)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.54%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.95%
I'm not a current university student (542)
48.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed