Favourite Video Game/Movie Soundtracks

Watch
TheGiantPunkGooner
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm someone whose music taste and what I listen to has been shaped in a big way by video games and, to to some extent, movies. The most prominent example of this for me has to be the Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Underground game series, that introduced me to who are now some of my favourite bands (Bad Religion, NOFX, Authority Zero, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphys and The Doors to name a few). In fact, the Tony Hawk games got me into what is now my favourite genre of music, punk rock.

Has anyone else's music taste been shaped in this way? If so, what game or movie soundtracks would you say are your favourites, and/or what ones were responsible for shaping your music taste?
EggMayo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by AaronPeterHurst)
I'm someone whose music taste and what I listen to has been shaped in a big way by video games and, to to some extent, movies. The most prominent example of this for me has to be the Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Underground game series, that introduced me to who are now some of my favourite bands (Bad Religion, NOFX, Authority Zero, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphys and The Doors to name a few). In fact, the Tony Hawk games got me into what is now my favourite genre of music, punk rock.

Has anyone else's music taste been shaped in this way? If so, what game or movie soundtracks would you say are your favourites, and/or what ones were responsible for shaping your music taste?
World of warcraft : Wrath of the lich king soundtrack
Quite like the wolfenstein new order one aswell
Protégé
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Soundtracks from the Metal Gear Solid series are great, as well as the ones from The Elder Scrolls.
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For OSTs, I find myself coming back to the works of Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, Klaus Badelt, Brian Tyler, Harry Gregson-Willams, James Newton Howard, and Ramin Djawadi.

Specifically, the Inception, Transformers, Pirates of the Caribbean, Modern Warfare (1,2,3), and basically all Hans Zimmer.

Honorable mention goes to Daft Punk for the TRON soundtrack.
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Metal Gear Solid
Call of Duty: World at War
Dragon Age: Inquisition
The Order 1866
Batman Arkham Asylum
Diablo 3
Resident Evil 4
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Best film soundtrack for me is from Trainspotting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Trainspotting, Pulp Fiction, or Submarine.
I Procrastinate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omd, Tony Hawk pro skater 3 soundtrack was EPIC. i don't usually listen to that sorta music, but that was just EPIC. The punk/rock genre i don't mind so much after that.
I like the music played in the menu of games such as Fable and Destiny- that awe inspiring music.
Although i don't play Fifa 15-the soundtrack is really good.
Um, i love the music from the Twilight movies. It got me listening to pianists (e.g. Yiruma, although his music isn't in it) since i really liked Bella's lullaby from there.
Allfunbec
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Definately the hunger games, inception, avatar, diversion & Harry Potter soundtracks are my favourites! Or just generally any action/thriller soundtracks are always the best in my opinion.
JD8897
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Mafia 2, the soundtrack + the in-game radio soundtrack :cool:
JD8897
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Fast and furious, mainly tokyo drift but others too
Lewis7253
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Need for Speed Underground 1&2
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Burnout Revenge
and some FIFA soundtracks along the years.
DeadEnd_96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity
Destiny
Bioshock infinite Elizabeth soundtrack (so emotional) :bawling:
TheGiantPunkGooner
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by I Procrastinate)
Although i don't play Fifa 15-the soundtrack is really good.
I've liked a lot of the relatively unknown indie rock music that FIFA have included in their soundtracks (The Fratellis (I include this band in this list at my own risk as they might be more known than I thought), My Federation, Art Brut, The Prototypes, We Are Scientists, etc.)
username3882546
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.86%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.45%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.61%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.69%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.39%

Watched Threads